Today I'm thankful for my husband's work ethic.
Here's what his last nine days have looked like:
Friday- SURGERY!!!
Saturday- Recovery
Sunday- "Recovery" (he came with me to church, helped teach our primary lesson, and then was up and about all day.)
Monday- First day at a new job!! Worked from 8 to 6.
Tuesday- Oil changes, head gaskets, other fancy car things.... from 8 to 5 then went straight to an automotive shop that his boss sent him to from 5:30 until 10 pm.
Wednesday- Same as Tuesday, worked 8 to 5 then had a car class until 10.
Thursday- Worked from 9 to 6 then went straight to his ASE certification test! Got home at 10.
Friday- Worked from 9 to 6 then came home sick as a DOG.
Saturday- His "day off" when he should have made it another recovery day, he got up with me, sent me to work, came to my work and brought me lunch, fixed our brother-in-laws car, and ran all over town picking up car things and then returning car things when said brother in law was wrong about his cars diagnosis. At like midnight Jake's throat started to bleed A LOT. Really. That's when I finally convinced him that Sunday he needs to stay in bed all day.
HE. CAN'T. HELP. IT. PEOPLE. He's just so awesome. He gets up twice a night to take pain killers and still has had early mornings and late nights with full days non stop. It's killing him I swear. But I'm thankful for a husband who works his hardest no matter what.
Here's the P.S. where I sound not so thankful....
P.S. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GO TO DR. MARK CAPENER. EVER! HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT RUDE, UNHELPFUL, AND DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH.
He won't even talk to Jake and I personally. When we call, his answering service has to carry messages back and forth between us. And when Jake had an allergic reaction to his pain medicine we called Capener and he basically blew it off but said he would call in a different pain medicine. So we go to pick it up and the pharmacist said, "If Jake was allergic to hydrocodone he's going to be allergic to codine, which is what your doctor called in. Just so you know..." SERIOUSLY?? Why the heck did he call it in then? So Jake has been on hydrocodone and benadryl. Which has worked. But Friday after work Jake's throat hurt SO BAD he was in tears and could not even swallow. Which was cause for concern because up until then it had not hurt at all and he was still taking his medication regularly. So we called Dr. Capener. He said, "just take the medicine every three hours instead of every four hours." When we asked if maybe he needed an antibiotic Capener said, "No I gave him one at the hospital after the surgery, he's fine." Then on Saturday when Jake started spitting up a ton of blood we decided to call again. So Sunday morning we call and tell him about it (well, his answering service who then told him I assume) and we told him that Jake is out of his swish and spit medicine which really helps him. So Capener said he would call in a refill for that and he would call in another prescription to help with the bleeding. Then we called in the LAST refill for Jake's pain medicine, hydrocodone. Well we get to the pharmacy and Capener had called in the prescription for a JERRY Cromwell not JAKE Cromwell! So we had to go back later after they fixed it. Then we find out, when we went back, that Capener called in a prescription for CODINE. That's it. Not for more swish and spit medicine. Not for something to help with the bleeding. Just a different pain medicine, which we already have. So we just picked up the refill of hydrocodone and called Caperner AGAIN. We asked what happened to the swish and spit medicine and why he called in a different pain medication (CODINE, AGAIN!!) instead of something to help and the nurse said that Capener said that he wasn't going to call in any more swish and spit medicine refills and for Jake to just take whichever pain medicine he preferred between hydrocodone and codine.... That's all he said! And by the way, I have asked to talk to him personally every time that I have called and he won't ever since the first time. I hate to be an annoying patient but SERIOUSLY? So he has not been a bit of help this entire time and we are fed up to HERE with him. We are for sure not going to him for Jake's check up and we are for sure not going to him for anything ever again. And I HOPE his office calls to see when Jake wants to come in for a check up because I WILL give them a large piece of my mind! Unfortunately we will have to call one more time in like two days to see if he will call in another refill for the hydrocodone. If we get any trouble from him for that then I will throw a royal fit.
By the way, don't even get me STARTED on Jake's horrible, no good, very bad insurance coverage (or lack of coverage really). We had to pay $53 JUST for the last refill of his hydrocodone! Not even gonna mention the numbers for his surgery and his other prescriptions/refills!
3 comments:
Poor Jake! I am totally bummed out about your insurance! It's better than none, but I swear someone isn't doing their job because there is no way you should have the copays that you do.
I hate that you have a lousy doctor! I hope that you can get the correct meds for Jake, for the correct price.
I really hope that this week is better for him. By the time you get here for Christmas he should be recovered :). haha not.
Love you both,
Momsy
Unbelievable! Hopefully you'll find a good doctor soon!!!
Do you have a.... Like community blog thing?? Here in Cincinnati we have "cincy moms" where if you have complaints about local doctors, places to shop, etc you just go on there. It's funny you can just threaten to put them on cincy moms and they shape up!
So sorry about your experience. I hope he gets better quick!
Post a Comment