Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lets go "Camping"

I had a five-year-old moment and decided it would be so much fun to surprise Jake and go camping.... inside! It's too cold for real camping. So I set up this awesome sheet tent over our bed and I pulled out some games and snacks and found two flashlights and then BAM we went camping. I was going to put up a tent inside the TV room facing the awesome fireplace but we would need a cute, little, one or two person tent to do something like that and we don't have one of those so.... too bad. We also don't have sleeping bags. (But now I think that's what I'll get Jake for his birthday!)

Jake had to work late so I did all this while he was gone and when he got home I told him that I wanted to go camping this summer. He said yeah, we'll go this summer. I said no lets go right now! And I pulled him downstairs and when he saw it he laughed and said I was cute. :)


It was so dorky and so fun.

We ate dinner around the "campfire" or, Wilson as we now call him.

We played Banagrams, golf, some of our Christmas card games, apples to apples, we read Kinzie, we snacked... It was a fun date!

And we slept under the stars!

I'm glad that Jake likes this kind of cheese!

5 comments:

Jean said...

I love how much fun you two have together!

Unknown said...

I have another friend who just did this same thing! haha! so cute =) I might have to just do it too! So if you see me blog something like this, I only 50% stole the idea from you ;) lol hope you don't mind. You guys are adorable btw!

B said...

Y'all are freaking adorable.

Sant Family said...

So super cute! Love it!

Love you, too.

Momsy

Hopeless Romantic said...

AW. That is so awesome :) You are the best wife EVER!