Friday, March 9, 2012

Horses Are Like Gangs

Today Jake and I put all the horses from the corral to the pasture. The pasture is about three acres. It's so amazing to watch them run from their "prisons" out into the open field, they run and jump and it's so fun to watch. This was the first time that Lia and the other horses have met each other... Very interesting. I was a WRECK. We spent three hours out there with them. We went around and brushed every last one of them. Minus Diamond because we know he doesn't like it. I'm so glad that Diamond and Lia are friends because they stuck together. Spur and Shade are the meanest to Lia.

Here's a bunch of pictures and stories in NO order-
Our goofy mud boots


Shade, Tana, Fury, Sierra, Buck, Diego, Spur, and Lightning all waiting for us to let them out into the field

Jake letting the horses out

Letting Lia out.... One of my bravest moments.

And they immediately started chasing her. She's the darkest/closest one in this pic

Then Lia and Diamond were finally left alone for a bit

Poor Lia.

Every time she saw me and I was not close to the other horses she walked right up to me.

Then we brushed all of the other horses. Tana was by far the worst. We could make a full body pillow out of all the hair we brushed off of her.

Brushing Spur. What a dork for leaning like this. By the way, Spur is the meanest to Lia.

Brushing Fury

Brushing Sierra. Jake is a horse whisperer because Sierra doesn't let anyone go up to her but she let Jake and then she let me.

Brushing Lightning. He's the tallest.

Brushing Buck

Brushing Diego

Brushing Shade

Lia was peeing and then Tana and Shade came over and they all sniffed each other and then Tana turned to walk away and then Shade turned and kicked her! Hard! Twice! I was FURIOUS and ran after Shade and hit her.

I had to go to work but when I got home they were all back in their corrals. Jake said that Lia and Shade were best buddies by the time they were put back. He said they stuck together and ate by each other. Phew. I wish he would have taken a picture....

2 comments:

Hopeless Romantic said...

Aw :) What beautiful horses. Good job guys, that sounds like a LOT of work.

Sant Family said...

Okay. Was Jake serious or was he just trying to make you feel better? I can't stand that the horses were mean to Lia! So sad. She looks so little and lonely. Thank goodness she has her own Snobby Bubbles Bob to be friends with her so she can survive the mean world.

I can't believe my daughter who wouldn't touch playground equipment is combing horses.

Love you!
Momsy