So today, Sunday, I was so determined to be outside with Lia all day. We got home from church (still loving the library) and ate crepes and then we went out and spent four hours with her. I took 234 pictures! Haha!
First we brushed her, as usual. And you know she loves you when she starts nibbling you with her weird lip!
Then we played follow the leader. It's so fun to get her to follow you around without a rope!
Then we led her around with a rope, because she needs to know that too.
Then we practiced putting on the bit and getting her to keep her head down
Then Jake wiped her nose for me... HAHAHAHAHA! Here's how that went:
Me: Jake... She has a messy nose.
Jake: Yeah. Horses always do. Just ignore it.
Me: Okay...
*about 30 seconds*
Me: Jake it's really gross. She needs a tissue or something.
Jake: Hahaha!.... are you serious?
Me: Mhmm.
Jake: *sigh* this horse is going to think she's human.
Then we practiced getting used to the blanket on both sides
Then the saddle (Jake didn't take a pic of me doing it but I did!)
Then Jake worked the reigns with her
Then it was my turn
Then Jake trimmed her feet. She gets trimmed way more often than the Cromwell's horses but that's good for their feet! It means they will stay strong. Interesting fact- horses with black hooves have stronger, healthier feet than horses with lighter hooves. Yay Lia!
First he picks all the poo and mud out
Then he clips them
Then he sands the bottoms flat


Then he sands the ends to be round instead of sharp so that they don't chip
!!!!THEN!!!! Lia ate apple slices!!! FINALLY.
It was the perfect day. I wish every day could be like today. I love spending time with my husband and I love spending time with my horse. XOXOXO.
2 comments:
You guys are so good to your horse :) It is so nice to see the great pictures too ;)
Hahahaha! Your blog is cracking me up! I can totally hear that whole conversation with Jake about Lia's nose. Hahahaha! I seriously snorted and then laughed out loud.
It looks like it was a great day! You are such a Northern girl -shorts and a jacket! Go you!
Love, Momsy
Post a Comment