Today's Date? May 19
How far along? 21 or 22 weeks, at my 20 week appointment my doctor bumped up my due date to September 23 and said that we will be inducing sometime before that. So since he did officially change my due date I'm a week further along- I won't complain!
Baby's Size? 11 inches head to heal, and almost a pound! The size of a spaghetti squash! Getting so big!
Days until next doctors appointment? June 9, I think. We will be checking the heartbeat and I'll be taking the glucose tolerance test. I hope it won't be as awful and yucky as everyone says!
Total weight gain/loss? Last time that I checked I was +11 lbs. I haven't checked since we got to Louisiana but I am sure that I am up a few more pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yep. I bought my first pair of maternity jeans at Old Navy, and I will be making more! I wear a lot of gauchos and leggings. Before coming to Louisiana Jake and I put away about 2/3 of my shirts that no longer fit! Also, maxi skirts and dresses are mah thang lately.
Stretch marks? Not yet, but I have had a tummy growth spurt and expect them soon, honestly.
Sleep? Sleeping is so hard for me lately, it bites! I can't get comfortable on either of my sides and sleeping on my back is bad for both me and the baby. Unless I'm exhausted I can't stay asleep and I am constantly trying to get comfortable. But I want to sleep whenever I'm awake.
Best moment this week? Telling my family the gender of our baby.
Movement? The baby moves a bit less here than in Idaho, but I think it's because I've been dehydrated. More on that below. By the way, without fail he/she begins moving when I have a full bladder. And it hurts. Haha
Food cravings? Not really... But my appetite has improved here in Louisiana. I want to eat all the time, it's just a matter of finding something.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Hmm... Nothing really sticks out. Sometimes I get a whiff of something that makes me feel gross (like walking around New Orleans the other day, every smoker made me want to die and all the nasty swampy dirty smells around there were pretty rough!). Being hungry or thirsty makes me sick.
Have you started to show yet? Yep! I haven't measured since being in Louisiana, but I know my bump has had a growth spurt!
Missing anything? I really, really, really miss sleeping through the night. I wake up CONSTANTLY from either a full bladder, sore back, stiff shoulder/neck, baby kicking, etc. I miss not peeing twice an hour all day long, too.
Gender of baby? I'm going to do a post on our 20 week appointment and on us revealing to my family first, then I'll say it on these bump-dates!
Labor signs? No, but have felt my first braxton hicks!
Belly button in or out? In, but getting pretty flat!
Wedding rings on or off? On, but since being in Louisiana my fingers are swollen!
Happy or moody most of the time? Either feeling good and really happy, or feeling sick and super not happy.
Pregnancy symptoms this week? I've had weird heart problems where my heart beats super hard in my chest and it hurts. And when I lay down on my left side my vein in my neck would bulge and feel so much pressure until I felt like I was going to pass out. Also my arms and legs were going numb frequently and when I stood I felt like I had no energy at all and like I might pass out. I even got spotted vision on the edges of my sight. But then I would sit or lay down and things would go numb. It was freaking me out! It started out happening just at night time but got worse and worse until it was almost all day long. It was also giving me pounding headaches that tylenol couldn't even touch. So I called my doctor and because of Factor 5 Leiden and my recent flight he wanted me to get checked. So I went to the Women's Center here in Baton Rouge and six hours later left in trouble with my husband and my mom for getting really dehydrated! She said that the heart thing was suspicious, I've had it going on at nights for a while now. But it only got so bad and extreme because I got so dehydrated. I think it's a combination of LA water tasting so different and warmer than Idaho water along with the extreme heat and humidity and walking around outside day after day that got to me. They did blood tests, urine tests, a neural exam, an EKG, and a few others that I am struggling to remember... They were really thorough! They were also super super nice to me. Minus the IV. That was the worst! They gave it to me in my hand, which I had never had before. And she had to dig around a lot which I had heard of before but never experienced! She was super messy and had my blood all over, it was kind of funny. Then when a different nurse took it out, my blood splattered everywhere. It was impressive. Thank you lovenox shot. Jake and my mom were so patient! Other than that I've done really pretty well. I love zofran, I haven't puked at all on it. My ankles are swollen at the end of every day. I have had some braxton hicks. They are kind of cool, but I know I will hate them soon enough!
Looking forward to? Having a real baby and not a baby bump? ;)


2 comments:
You need to put your pictures from instagram on here! Hahaha! I love the one of you with the drink and timer. Still mkes me laugh out loud just thinking about it.
Love you tons,
Tati
OWIE!!! That sounds painful! OUCH! I hate when they have to dig around for the vein.
Post a Comment