Mother's Day is about my mom, not me, but I really was spoiled! I can't believe that I am carrying a child that I will get to raise with my husband, Jake... I am so blessed and so excited! I love Jake so much and love him even more because of what a sweet dad he is already. He has been SO good to me (our entire marriage) but especially since getting pregnant and being so sick. He is a superstar. I don't know what I did to deserve him or this sweet little baby of ours!
Jake brought me breakfast in bed (I'll be honest, he does that A LOT since I've been sick) and bought me my favorite colors of flowers (I LOVE FLOWERS). In this picture, the yellow flower to the right was from church.
He also gave me two necklaces that are so cute and sweet. I can't wait until my baby is born so I can put a picture of him/her (I also can't wait until I see my family this week and reveal the gender to them so I can say it on here!!! :) ) in the necklace on the left.
He also did all the cooking and dishes the entire day. He's awesome, seriously! I got a back and foot massage from him and was just all around spoiled all day long!
I got spoiled even by MY mom and mom in law. My poor mom is getting her Mother's Day card delivered in person a week late because I ran out of stamps and heaven forbid I get ready and leave the house to go buy more ;) My awesome mom bought me THE BEST gift EVER for a paranoid first time mom!
Can you believe it?! I LOVE it and use it all. the. time. It works better than the one at my doctor's office! I have a recording on my phone, but need help figuring out how to get it on my laptop so I can post it. At the doctor we just always hear the echo of the heartbeat and it sounds like a swish swish swish swish. But this thing picks up the BEAT and it sounds like a thump thump thump. It's really awesome! It also picks up the baby's movements and it totally sounds like karate special effects. Actually no, it sounds JUST like a sword fight! Not the clinking, but the fast sword movements. Anyways, it's really cool and you'll have to just trust me until I can get a recording on here. THANK YOU MOM! I love this so much! What a thoughtful and generous gift.
And from Jake's mom- a gift card to Jamba Juice! Have you had Jamba Juice? It's delicious. And addicting. And reallllly delicious. Especially since I'll be huge pregnant in August, I think I'll be stopping there a lot!
Church was the best Mother's Day meeting that I ever remember going to. I know that it is a touchy subject and people don't want mushy gushy or fake or cliche or insensitive, etc. But our ward really did do a fantastic job. We had two speakers and both seriously just did a really good job and their talks were very careful and thoughtful and had something for everyone. I got to choose what song the primary kids sang and so I got to hear one that I love. I picked My Mother Dear. I don't know if it's my absolute favorite, but it's a pretty song and cute to hear the kids sing, and only one verse so it was easy to teach! The kids did a really amazing job, from my eyes. They actually stood still, the naughty boys didn't push or shove, and every kid was smiling really big. It was adorable! After church we went up to the Cromwell's house. Most of the in-town-ers were there and it was a fun gathering. I also got to skype my mom and family. It was such a good day! I am one really lucky girl! Thanks so much for making it a special day for me!


1 comment:
Wow! A doppler!! That is so, so cool! I seriously cannot WAIT for the reveal!! :D
Post a Comment