Our 20 week appointment where we find out the gender of our baby is TODAY in 3 hours! I literally can't wait! I needed something to tide me over and so Jake and I found a bunch of old wives tales that we thought looked fun to try, or that I had an obvious answer to, and we've been slowing doing them until I can find out! Now that we are about to find out the REAL gender, here's what our results were!
1. If your face is breaking out more than it did pre-pregnancy then it's supposed to be a girl because she's stealing your beauty. If your skin is better or the same since pre-pregnancy then it's supposed to be a boy.... According to this it's a GIRL!
2. If your hands are more dry than they were pre-pregnancy then it's supposed to be a boy, if the same or opposite since pre-pregnancy then it's supposed to be a girl... According to this it's a BOY!
3. If your feet are more cold than pre-pregnancy then it's supposed to be a boy, if the same or the opposite than pre-pregnancy then it's supposed to be a girl... According to this it's a BOY!
4. Hang your wedding ring from a string and dangle it over your belly. If it sways in a circle it's a girl. If it sways back and forth or side to side then it's a boy... We did this at the Cromwell's house last night quite a few times, Dane and Jake both did it, and every single time it said GIRL!
5. If the baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute then it's a boy. If it's more, then it's a girl... We heard the heart rate at 13 weeks but didn't find out how many beats per minute it was... but at 17 weeks it was in the 150's per minute... Then for Mother's Day I got an at home fetal doppler (BEST gift EVER, THANK YOU!) and when Jake and I counted it was 156, so that says GIRL!
6. If you've been craving sweets then you're having a girl. Salty and sour is a boy.... I've been craving sweets like fruit, ice cream, popsicles, and cereal etc. GIRL!
7. According to the Mayan tradition, if the age you were at conception and the year your baby was conceived are both either odd or even then it's a girl. If one is odd and the other is even then it's a boy... I was 22 and it was Dec 2013. BOY!
8. If your husband has gained any weight since you got pregnant it's a girl. If not or the opposite then it's a boy... Sorry honey, GIRL!
9. According to a Chinese calendar thing online, my Chinese age was 23 at conception and conception month was lunar month 11.... I don't know what pattern they look for but it said BOY!
10. If your hair has gotten thinner and dull then it is supposed to be a girl, more of her stealing your beauty I guess! If it has gotten thicker and shiny then you are having a boy... This one is hard, because I permed my hair (IDIOT move) when I was pregnant but didn't know I was pregnant yet... and so it did not go well. I guess it mixed wrong with my hormones or something because my hair is a hot mess. But it is growing really really fast and so I'm going to say GIRL!
11. If you have been sick with morning sickness, it's a girl. Not super sick is a boy... According to this, GIRL! I was sick my first trimester and then second trimester just got even worse.
12. If you have had lots of heartburn then it means that your baby is going to have lots of hair and be a girl. No heartburn or little heartburn, it's a boy with not as much hair on his head... According to this I am having a BOY! I get heartburn a few times a week, tops. Definitely not every time I eat. But I've heard most women who get bad heartburn get it more often in their third trimester... So who knows what I'll be like then, but for now, boy!
13. If you are extra moody then it's supposed to be a girl. If your mood hasn't changed much then it's supposed to be a boy... According to this wives tale, and my honest hubby, it's a GIRL!
So the overall tally is BOY= 5 and GIRL= 8... GIRL! I can't wait to find out the REAL gender next week!! :)
2 comments:
I know you are at the Doctor now, I just want to put my opinion in as it will be a girl!
Love you!
Mwah!
I LOVE this post! What a fun idea :)
Post a Comment