Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bump-Date! 27 Weeks! THIRD TRIMESTER!


Today's Date? June 23

How far along? 27 weeks- FINALLY the third trimester! (A lot of fellow preggers who I know say that 28 weeks is the third trimester, but I am choosing to go off of THIS chart (scroll once you get to the link, you'll see it) because it makes total sense... and I want to be in my final trimester lol.

Baby's Size? 14 1/2 inches and 2 pounds! How cool is that??

Days until next doctors appointment? It's on July 9, my mom's birthday, AND we're doing the 3D ultrasound!!!

Total weight gain/loss? I'm still up 16 lbs, for I think the third week. I hope that's normal...

Maternity clothes? Definitely.

Stretch marks? Not yet, but the tummy has started itching!

Sleep? What sleep? I have the hardest time falling asleep and staying asleep. I haven't slept for a longer stretch of time than 3 hours in weeks. Usually I see every hour of the night. I just can't get comfortable and there always seems to be something that's in pain whether it's a leg or my tummy or my back or heartburn! 

Best moment this week? SEEING the baby move. A few times this week Jake and I watched my belly move around while he was dancing or whatever it is he's doing!

Movement? He sure moves! It's fun to feel and watch! Especially when Jake is with me! Some of his kicks are getting uncomfortable (I've hated the bladder ones for a long time now) but his movements are always welcome! They make me feel so happy and excited and relaxed about how he is doing in there. Especially when I'm sick it makes me glad that he's not feeling as crappy as I am!

Food cravings? This week I liked tri-colored noodle salad, cup-a-noodle, and cereal again, like last week.

Anything making you queasy or sick? All the same things. Heartburn, hunger, being too full, being too tired, being too hot, and then random days where everything makes me sick. I still take phenergan every day. I know everyone says to take zofran instead but zofran gives me a headache. If I am having a death day then I can take a zofran and a headache pill that I got at the hospital in Louisiana. It knocks me out and I feel great when I wake up. But it scares me to be home alone and take a pill that knocks me out so I've only taken that combo once since being home.

Have you started to show yet? I am still 38 inches at the bellybutton. But I feel like I look bigger! I'm not growing very fast... But I know that all too soon I'll be missing these days where I felt like I wasn't growing very fast.  

Missing anything? I still miss feeling normal. There's always something, my tummy area feeling achey, my back hurting, my knuckles feeling stiff and achey, nausea, exhaustion, leg pain, no appetite, big appetite, always so thirsty that I could dry up and die but my stomach hurts if I drink as much water as I want at one time, hot flashes, sweat flashes, etc. 

Gender of baby? All BOY! :)

Labor signs? Nope, but I still get braxton hicks every day. I also get random back pains that feels like maybe it's my kidneys?? I don't know if that's similar to practice contractions because they come and go like the braxton hicks every day.

Belly button in or out? Still in.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on.

Happy or moody most of the time? I'm bipolar ;) either happy, excited, and feeling so blessed or anxious and nervous. I get more anxious and nervous when Jake is soooo soooooo soooooooo busy like he was this week. He worked SO many hours and shoe'd (shod?) multiple horses and cleaned for the HOA and had a TON of church meetings that all fell on this week. He was never home and was EXHAUSTED and BEAT all week long. I felt so bad for him and worried about him all of the time. We're so grateful for his job, but boy is it demanding!

Pregnancy symptoms this week? All the above!

Looking forward to? Besides looking forward to not getting sleep because there is a crying baby outside of me rather than a kicking baby inside of me, I guess I'm looking forward to feeling the little guy have hiccups! I think it would be so funny!

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

Oh.my.gosh! What a cute tummy! I was hoping you had updated with a picture so I didn't have to get all stalkerish and like hey momma needs a picture so thanks for that!

I am sorry that you have insomnia. That sucks.

I can't wait to see more pictures of dub-ya! And I can't wait to see you! Just about a month is all!

YAY!

Love, Tati

Hopeless Romantic said...

You use that other chart girl! :)