The crazy non-stop winds blew down more of Lia and Diamond's shelter last night. Jake and I woke up to Lia crying and whinnying and freaking out. It was SO sad she was jumping around and screaming high pitched. It was super cloudy and dark and it was snowing and the wind was blowing like crazy. We ran out and Diamond was missing. We said, "Lia calm down" and as soon as she saw us she ran right over and her eyes were huge and her legs were all spread out and she started whinnying some more, like telling us her story. Then Jake said, "Where's Diamond huh?" Just talking to her to calm her down and as soon as Diamond's name was said she stopped whinnying and just looked at us, like, "YES that's the problem, Diamond is gone. Go find him!" I'm just glad Lia didn't try to get out!! When we found Diamond he was a little hurt and it was sad. He'll be okay though.
When we got Diamond back in the corral Lia ran right to his side and has not left it since. I was watching them a little later and they were standing together eating and then Diamond walked over to where he got out (Jake put up a blockage to stop them from getting out until we fix the shelter) and Lia popped her head up and ran over to block him! It was so cute and funny.
After work I went back out to check on them and Lia trusts me so much more now! I love it!
2 comments:
What a sweet story about Lia and Diamond. I am glad that Diamond is okay. That wind sounds Cray.zee. I'm glad that nothing horrible happened.
Love you!
Momsy
So cute! Looking out for each other :)
Post a Comment