So my in-laws have an intercom system in their house. There's a base one in the upstairs kitchen and there's one in every room (and bathroom) in the house. There's a speak button, a listen button, and thankfully, a privacy button. Which means we can hear them if they push speak and then say something but if they push listen they can't hear us, we have to go push speak and then they can hear us. But if we push listen we can hear them even if they don't push speak.... because theirs is not on privacy... but ours is, so they can't just push listen... get it? Anyways, I am not used to having these handi-dandi intercoms. They really are awesome and nice to have. But, for example, this weekend Kayla, Tyson, and Memrie (Tyson's girlfriend) were home from college for the long weekend. So it's Sunday morning, my one day a week to sleep in and wake up when my body wants to all on it's own, and I'm fast asleep when all of a sudden Mom C's voice comes through the intercom saying breakfast is in 20 minutes (btw, we have a kitchen downstairs but since everyone was home we all ate together). That woke me up so I was a little annoyed (not with Mom C. just with the fact that I was awake haha) So then right away they somehow hooked up an ipod to the base intercom and it played church music through the intercom in every room of the house! Which, again, is great! Way cool! But I was tired and, again, NOT used to such a thing. So in my not-a-moring-person-at-all-frustration, I pretended to shoot the intercom thingy in our room. Jake BUSTED UP LAUGHING at me and made me get out of bed and reenact it (even though the first time I was still asleep and laying down). Here's the reenactment.... It was funnier the first time.

Then we went around the basement trying to turn them all down because the ones outside our room were turned up and blasting as loud as they get and we found a bunch that we didn't even know were there!!! It's just cracking me up. It was like we went into the next bedroom and turned it halfway down then went to the hall and turned that one halfway down then went to the bathroom (hahahahahahahaha!!!) and turned that one halfway down. Then found one in the laundry room and the other hall and the tv room and it was just funny somehow... So you will be happy to know that now they are all identified and turned down a bit so that they don't STARTLE us awake like we're firefighters or something. Phew. Hahaha this is one of those things that I put up here so that one day I can look back and laugh. And, Jake and I think it's funny, so it's just up here for us.
2 comments:
Oh baby! I pity da fool who wakes you up! AND da fool who talks to you in the morning. And da fool who makes noise around you in the morning.
Haha.
You are SO your mother's daughter! Living with the Cromwells will be good experience for when you have kids that WAKE you up WITH noise and you want to die but have to smile because otherwise your kids think you are mad at them.
Like you always thought I was mad at you but I just really really REALLY hate to be woken up (or to be awake in the morning) and I hate to be told what I am going to eat.
My mother is the same way.
Be thankful you got your dad's sisters' long legs instead of the Hathaway thighs. Haha!
My grandparents had intercoms around their house and my grandpa blasted Mo Tab on Sundays all day. There was no escaping it. I pity da fool who TOUCHED an intercom at my Grandpa's house. That was strictly forbidden.
Lol I couldnt stop laughing out loud at your post.... And then I read your moms comment and now I'm laughing so hard I am crying!!! Thisis so funny! I hope you continue to post hilarious things that happen to you.
Post a Comment