Life is full of changes. I'm bad at change but I think I'm getting better.
So I think in my last life update post Jake was going to Itech to finish his automotive degree and he was working at Oswald Industries and I was majoring in social work at BYUI. Well, now everything has changed! Jake has dropped out of Itech and he has decided to try to become a seminary teacher. As a back up to that plan, since it's super competitive, he is going to school at BYUI to get a bachelors degree in business management with an emphasis in finances. He lost his job at Oswald Industries which was sad and scary but was actually a really good thing because he was so unhappy there and he is the kind of guy who won't quit something just because he doesn't like it. After working at two different mechanic shops he has decided that is definitely NOT what he wants to do for the rest of his life. Bad atmosphere, bad language, stressful, mean bosses, etc. Now I can admit that I am SO RELIEVED! If he had decided to stick with mechanics I, of course, would have kept supporting him 100%. But I like the idea of a seminary teacher so much better.
So, the sad news is that we sold our contract to our townhome that we have loved SO MUCH and we moved in with Jake's parents. Which I know everyone automatically cringes at the thought of living with parents but it could be way worse! His parents are nice about it and we have the basement to ourselves pretty much. So that's nice. And there's a door that goes in straight to the basement and there's a kitchenette that they have bent over backwards to get all nice and fixed up and new for us. And we love being able to see Lia so much more and Jake is able to make more toys and things for Jake's Toy Chest because his dad's shop is right in the backyard. We just really felt like it was important for us to save the money each month.
He also got a job at a place called On the Spot Cleaning and Restoration. HE LOVES IT. Thank heavens.
As for me and my schooling, I am now in the Home and Family major, emphasis on Marriage and family. I know I get lamer and lamer as I go but this major actually interests me and I'm learning stuff I actually care about and it will help me in every part of my life for the rest of my future. The best part is that all of the credits I have taken so far go towards this so I didn't waste any of my time. I will graduate March or April 2014. I still work at Carlisle Beauty. Life is good. :)
4 comments:
Baby, I don't think you are lame at all! You are learning important stuff. I'm sorry you had to sell your contract. I am glad that the Cromwell's have a place for you. I'm glad that you get to see Lia. I'm glad about Jake's job thingy. It was super awful with the last job, but Jake is like a dog with a bone and I just don't see him quitting something because he doesn't like it either. It sounds like you guys are on a great, fabulous path!
Hahaha! I just remembered that when you lost your first tooth you cried and cried and cried and I was worried that it still hurt or something. Your tooth had been hanging by a section of gum for forever but you were determined for it not to fall out. When I asked what was wrong, you cried, "I just hate change."
And you seriously ALWAYS have.
I love you and Jake! Mwah mwah mwah!
Love, Momsy
Man I have such a hard time with change too. Seriously. Always. Even good ones.
In my patriarchal blessing it says that everything I go through, all the hard changes, bad or good, I'll be able to look back and see that the Lord had been guiding me that way all along.
And trust me I have been through more than most 26 year olds :)
But it definitely is so interesting to be able to look back and see that's it's so obvious He was guiding me the whole time. The things I needed to learn.
You will too.
How far away do you all live now? :( I am glad that you are both happier :) That is always good.
Good luck Rachel. As the comments said, even good change is a challenge. You are taking it well. We love you.
Aunt Jen and Uncle Howard
Post a Comment