Friday, February 24, 2012

Call Me The Red Tomato! (Shaun White)

Jake took me snowboarding today! We did the night skiing (but snowboarding.... not skiing). I had never gone before! That's like a sin if you grew up in Washington.

For the record, the bunny hill SUCKS. BAD. Even after we had gone up to bigger hills I was bad on the bunny hill.

For the record again, the lifts are scary.

Also for the record, my knees, butt, wrists, and elbows will never be the same. The snow was pretty hard. No powder.


I was so sick of falling.....

Jake took most of the pictures but here's a couple of him!

I'm glad that Jake is so good at so many different skills because each of our kids are bound to have a passion for at least one of his many talents and I think it's a confidence booster to be able to snowmobile really well or skii or snowboard or ride horses or play tennis or racketball or volleyball or basketball or wake boarding, water skiing, airchairing, surfing, etc.

OH! When we were leaving, we saw all the ski patrolmen circled around a little boy. Jake thinks he was like 8. I think he was 6 or 7. He was unconscious and even after they brought the stretcher to him they didn't move him for the longest time. They kept working on him right there in the snow. Then they finally strapped him to the sled/stretcher thing and RACED him to the first aid cabin. It was SO SAD! I hope he is okay.

This is who the red tomato is, btw. Jake says he's super good at snowboarding.

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

Rachel. You MUST know who Shaun White is! He's the guy who at the Olympics was asked, "You just won a gold medal! How does it feel?" And he picked it up and bounced it a little and said, "Heavy." We quote that exchange to this very day.

You look good, baby!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Hey you have to know who that is!! Lol he is also in that movie... The one with Justin timberlake... And the girl from that 70s show...
Anyways he is awesome :)
And you are super talented too- don't forget!!