Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Washington!!

I love Washington. Really a lot. Jake and I had an open house there (more pictures and a post about that to come...) because I lived there from 4th grade until the end of my Junior year so there were people there that wanted to meet Jake and that I wanted Jake to meet. We drove up Thursday after Jake's class. When we got there we drove around my old neighborhood and stalked my old house.

I still get sad missing this house SO MUCH.

Then we drove to the Pugh's lake cabin, which is where we stayed while we were there. The Pughs are AWESOME and SPOILED us rotten and helped out so much with EVERYTHING. I love them!

Gift basket they left there for us... Seriously spoiled rotten here!

On Friday we went to Mead High School to see my old teachers and then we left to go meet up with my parents to go to the Spokane Temple! I'm lame cause I got zero pictures of Jake and I at my favorite high school and we got zero pictures of us outside the temple I grew up loving!

After the temple (which was awesome because we ran into a bunch of people we knew) we went to see the Spokane Falls because it is super flooded and crazy right now and then we went to eat at Olive Garden. YUM. SO YUM!

We were getting wet standing there because the falls are so high!

Mom and Dad stood to the side where you don't get wet :)

I love Tomato Street! They really need to put one closer to where I live!

After that we went to the O'Donnal's house for a little SOS! For those who don't know, when we lived in Washington we had Sant/O'Donnal Sunday, so SOS, almost every Sunday. It was SO fun and I miss it! So we ate yummy food and of course played Tripoly because really that's the best game ever invented. Jake really liked the O'Donnals and I'm glad because they are practically family!

Jake and I with the O'Donnals. We seriously love them.

On Saturday we hung out at the cabin for a while and played on the giant swing which is just awesome. But one time we were both standing on it and seeing how high we could get it to go and once we were pretty high I looked down and there was a giant PIRATE SPIDER right by my hip just hanging from somewhere! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Anyways Jake killed it after I jumped off the swing and then we left to go get ready for our open house.

I have so many memories at the Pugh's lake cabin. (By the way, this pic is right before Jake got on the swing and I saw the spider.... Who knows where it is at this point! For all I know it's right above my head!!!)

The open house was AMAZING. So many people helped and I owe them an extra special thank you card. Especially the Pughs. At the open house I got to see so many people who I love so much and I have missed so much. When I get more pics I'll post more about the open house.

On Sunday we got up way too early to make it to church by 9 am. It's like a 45 minute drive to church from the cabin but I thought we were going to a different building, the one we went to when I lived there. And that's another 20 minutes away! So we got up in time to leave by 7:50. Anyways we figured it out and made it. Then we played at the park, ate lunch, and said goodbye to my family. Then we went to the Brentwood ward to hear my friend Riley Stephenson give a talk. Riley served a 6 month service mission not too long ago. While he was up there he said, "My brother Clay is on his mission now but I still have my family here. There's my mom and my dad, Ann, and my new brother- Jake. I'm so proud of all Jake has done." SO SWEET. Riley has some disabilities and at our open house he took to Jake right away and they are buddies now. It was so cute. After that we went to my friend Alyssa Jamison's house. I haven't seen her in foreverrrr. It was fun catching up with her. Then we went to the Stephenson's house for dinner, which was very nice of them! It was super delicious.

I love Matthew hugs!!

Monday morning we cleaned up the cabin and left for Idaho! So on the way back we found these hippies! They were pretty legit hippies.... We also filled up the tank in this tiny place called Opal Mining View or something. It's a little town and their ONLY gas pump is SO old and ghetto!

The serious hippies. Mom is gonna be so proud that I snuck this picture! Haha

Look! Some serious ghetto here! First you had to remove the gas nozzle thing then move the lever to the right and up..... Or something.

Can you believe this is really the ONLY way to feel your car for at least like 30 miles either direction??

Look! In handwriting it says credit card must be at least $20! GHETTO.

Jake making the super old/ghetto/pathetic gas pump look goooooood! :)

I was sad to leave Washington but I'm also excited that all of the wedding things are now done and Jake and I can start to get into the swing of real life together! I love him! I am so lucky he's mine!

3 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Ah I love Washington too!! And your old house :)
Thanks for the updates- maybe I'll get a chance to get on myself one day and post something :)

Sant Family said...

Okay, first of all, excellent job with the hippie photo! That was awesome!

I totally remember gas pumps being like that. Credit card companies charge a fee - like 3% so some stores say you have to buy a certain amount in order to use it, otherwise they don't make any money.

Somehow (??!?!!!?!?) I had totally forgotten about the tree swing at the Pugh's. Only the MOST AWESOME swing EVER!

I love the O'Donnals and the Pughs and pretty much everyone in Spokane. And Tomato Street. And it being cold enough to eat soup.

I like how the new people painted our house. I really wish that I would have gotten a cutting from the roses from my Great Grandma's garden on the front side(you can't really see them in the picture.) I feel better knowing that the O'Donnals have some of our vinca.

Love you!!!!
Momsy

Sant Family said...

Raerae... yet again, you and Jake are so cute together!!!! hahahaha! the part about the swing was hilarious! of course HE killed the spider and of course YOU were freakin out! love ya!

*the best sister in the world*
-SARI