Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Car!

Jake and I bought a car! It's so cute! It's a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. Only 47,000 miles (which is A LOT LESS than everything else we found and for a better price-love connections!). The exterior is a blue called "tidal wave" and the interior is gray. I've been thinking of names since I first saw it at Outfitters. I thought of Alex, Polu ("blue" in Hawaiian. My last car was green and I named it Omaomao, "green" in Hawaiian.), Lola, and Pascal... We decided on.....


MARCIE! Lol Jake thought of it and I think it's cute and I know a Marcie Grimes and she is so sweet and amazing so it's a good name :)

It has two good tires and two not as good tires. So of course Jake moved the two best ones to the front of the car and the other two on the back. There was also a dent on the passenger side door and I meant to take a before and after pic but Dad C and Jake fixed it too fast! Didn't even chip the paint and you can hardly tell.

Jake moving the tires around.

Can hardly even tell that the corner of the door was totally bent outwards.

I love Lil Marcie and I'm SO GRATEFUL that Jake and I have our own car now! And that he loves cars so this one will be spoiled rotten and will be really well taken care of so we are going to have her for FOREVER.

5 comments:

Sant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sant Family said...

If your car Marcie is anywhere nearly as reliable and hard working and dedicated and determined as the Marcie we know and love it, she will serve you well for many years - and look good doing it!

It's funny because Dad wants an Elantra when we put a bullet through Omaomao's engine block.

You are right - that is a fantastic blue color and I am totally into grey interiors right now. She looks awesome!

Sant Family said...

I LOVE your car! That color has always been my dream car's color lol. I love the name Marcie! it fits the car perfectly!!! love ya!

*the best sister in the world!*
-SARI

Reno 411 said...

I love the name of your car. You're so funny. I love that you and your momsy name cars. I miss you and hope all is well.

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Wow that is great!! I love it!! You two are very blessed :)