I only took one picture of Lia!!! I am so mad about it. We got there and they had us walk her into a garage. They checked her temperature through the booty. She did not like that at all and they said we need to get her used to people touching around there... Seriously? Ew. But she didn't kick at them or anything she just wouldn't stand still for them. Her temperature was 99 degrees which was weird, I thought it would be higher. They gave her a shot in the booty. Then they listened to her heart and intestines. Then the doctor came in, noticed her purple toes, and checked her mouth, ears, and eyes. He said she was super healthy! I guess horse teeth have caps and the caps have to fall off before the adult teeth can come in. Every time that a cap falls off the horse loses some weight because her mouth is sore. Lia has recently gotten a lot skinnier but when he checked her he said he saw four teeth that had lost their caps recently, plus we've been riding her a lot lately so that's why she was skinny. He said that we were lucky because it didn't look like she would need to get her wolf teeth pulled out! Wolf teeth normally need to be pulled because they affect a horses chewing and they can run into the bit and cause bleeding and soreness and super irritation. He said we'll have to keep checking but as of right now it looks like they're growing in in a place where they won't give her any problems. That's nice for Lia and for Jake and I!! ($$$) The doctor also did the funniest thing EVER EVER EVER and I WISH I had a picture. He grabbed her tongue and pulled it to the side of her mouth and did something that just made her like freeze HAHAHAHAHA her eyes were huge and she just froze but was gulping weird and he held her tongue like that to look in her mouth and throat and to explain stuff to us. It was awesome. He then showed us how to give Lia her yearly shots, like where in the neck and everything. It was very interesting.
Here's the one and only picture of Lia at her first doctor's appointment. She was in the horse trailer and this was right after her appointment so she was not being very friendly because, I imagine, she felt very violated. Haha
But, to make up for the one picture of Lia, while we were there, I got to flirt with the other baby horses that were there! There were three of them. This one was super scared and had a mean mom.
This one was just nervous and only sniffed my hand for a minute
THIS ONE..... Was so cute.
She kept looking at me while I was trying to play with the last one.
I went over and fed her mom some grass and then her mom left us alone and we had all sorts of fun!
She got really excited and started running and jumping all over and around her mom, it was so cute!
Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen? Her little head peeking over her moms back!
She paused the play time to nurse for a bit... ;)
Then Jake wanted a turn! She was shy of him at first.
But she warmed right up!
I really wanted to see her little tiny baby teeth...
SUCCESS!! They were so cute haha but Jake was surprised at how big they are he said she is probably four or five months old already!!
In trying to get a picture of her teeth I got to where she would let me touch her face all over.
You have to realize how amazing that is! When I first when over there she would freak out every time that she came in to smell my hand and accidentally got too close to where she tapped my hand. She'd run away. Besides when the vet checked her she has probably never been around a human. It was so fun to get her used to me. I want a baby horse of my own!
1 comment:
Super adorable colts! The color of it's mom is my favorite color of horse!
Poor Lia. She was totally violated with that whole temperature thing.
Back to the colts ... so cute! I can't stand the cuteness!
Love, Momsy
Post a Comment