Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cromwell Chaos

I'm going to half sarcastically say that Jake and I moved into the Cromwell's basement for three and a half months just as a favor to them because A LOT of good remodeling has been done since we've moved here and Jake and done <S>the majority</S> a lot of it. The latest project was the bathroom. Long story short it was built crappy and is falling apart. Literally. Oh, and there was black mold. Everywhere. Even in the bedrooms. But most people in this house are in denial about that part. Sigh. Anyways. So Jake and Dad C. had to cut out the tub, cut it in three pieces to get it out, then bought a 400lbs tub that was a different size. But before the chaos of figuring out how to make a smaller shorter tub work, they had to fix the plumbing underneath the tub. Here are the pictures that will describe everything that was wrong with that. And it will explain the major spider problem that has been keeping me awake at night these last three and a half months.






I killed all of these REALLY BIG hobo spiders with Raid. That crap can spray a very long distance!


Jake cemented under the tub. Go Jake!


Then there was the fiasco of bring the new tub in. It was so heavy and it was shorter than the other one so they had to figure out how to make it work with the precious marble <S>that they should have just thrown out because there was black mold under it. More denial about that.</S>



 Can you see the white strip under the tub? It was a plastic 1.5X1.5 rod that they cut to fit in there perfect. It looks like part of the tub. They also had to balance thin sheets of metal under some of the legs because the ground was uneven. Seriously.

Proof of all of the mold in the bathroom closet and door and under the marble!!! I may or may not have had to sneak some of these pictures hehe





Proof of mold in the windows in the bedrooms!



But there's a happy ending- Jake and I are moving out! Today! More on that coming up... :)

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

Wow. That is a HUGE job!

It's so hard to raise a family and keep up with everyone's schedule oh, AND keep up with the house.

Black mold is scary! I am glad that you guys found it! If they Cromwells ever have a preemie or immune compromised baby at their house they will be extra glad that you guys took care of that for them.

Jake is amazing. Want to come live with us for a few months? The Little's bedroom needs a bigger closet, we want to make the one huge bathroom into two upstairs, I need a pantry closet added in that crazy corner in the kitchen, I'd like the side porch screened in (with doors, please), the deck needs to be treated, the front porch wood needs treatment and that post needs to be replaced ...

Love you! Momsy