Friday, December 30, 2011

Louisiana, Christmas 2011

Here's everything we did while in Louisiana that didn't get their own post.

We flew in Tuesday afternoon. Everything went so smoothly! I'm so glad I have no traveling horror story to report! We ate Canes for dinner. Yum! Then on Wednesday we just hung out. I pretty much flew this helicopter around the house the entire day....

On Thursday we went to New Orleans! We went to a WW2 Museum. It was very cool. First we watched a movie about it and then we went through the museum. I only took one picture while we were there though! Ugh! It's just a sad brick that was outside the museum. Too many deaths in one family. But here's some pictures of us in the car on the way there....

On Friday it was Dad Sant's birthday (scroll down to bottom) and Jake, Daniel, Sari, and I dropped a little Christmas goody off to someone who I hope doesn't read this blog...

Then it was Christmas Eve and Christmas day which both have their own post. Then Monday, the day after Christmas we hung out and went to the mall to update Jake's closet from high school/mission.

On Tuesday we slept in (cue hallelujah chorus people!!) and then Jake taught Daniel, Joseph, Matthew, and I how to shoot BB guns! Now I REALLY want one!! If I was stronger I would want a bow and arrow too.


On Tuesday we also got family pictures done by Erika Degraff. But that gets it's own post.

On Wednesday Jake and I met Dad at the shooting range during his lunch break. We shot a 22 pistol and 22 long rifle. It was so fun! Add the pistol to my Christmas list!

After we got back from the shooting range we finished our gingerbread houses! There's a separate post for that, though.

Wednesday night my mom taught me how to sew little sleeves to put the puzzles that Jake makes in! They're so cute and they're unique from what other personally made puzzle sellers do. I'm excited!
Puzzle sleeves:
Fitted number game sleeves:

Thursday was the sad day we flew back to SLC. We left my parents house at noon and landed in Salt Lake City at 7:40. It was a long day but everything went smoothly. When we checked our bag in New Orleans it was 6lbs over and she was like, "you need to move something to your carry on bag." Jake said,"there's no way. It was a game of tetris just to get everything to fit the way they are!" She pushed it a few more times and then I said we'd just pay the extra money and she said, "oh y'all don't worry about it we'll just ignore it. Put the bag over there and have a good flight." So nice!! From New Orleans to Denver Jake and I couldn't sit by each other. We tried but it just couldn't happen so many people were flying together. Luckily from Denver to SLC we sat by each other, after everyone moving around for us.... Now we're at grandma and grandpa Hathaway's house and this afternoon we'll drive to Bear Lake to celebrate New Years Eve with the Cromwell family!

P.S. I have a really mean cold right now. And it feels like I have an ear infection. Colds suck! Boo! I always get sick when I fly.

Here's the links to things that we did that got their own post:
Dad Sant's birthday
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Gingerbread houses
Family Pictures (when Erika gets them to us I'll post them.)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

such cute fabric! Those look great!

Sant Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys here! The day after you left Dad and I looked at each other and said, "Let's take down Christmas". It just didn't feel like a holiday anymore :(.

I hate that you live across the country. I love that when you visit it is a special occasion!

Sorry you are sick. I bet you have an ear infection.

I love you and Jake.
Love, Momsy

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Wait Jake makes puzzles??? Does he sell them?? Does he have an easy shop or something? Or does he use eBay?
Is that you with the bangs?? You look just like Linda with bangs!!! Dontcha think??
Looks like an awesome Christmas! How lucky to be able to go home for the holidays :)