Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gingerbread Houses!

We decorated our gingerbread houses the Wednesday after Christmas! Better late than never people! It was so fun. Jake and I shared one. Everyone got to design their own and then cut out their designs. This was our first time doing this. Jake's family doesn't make gingerbread houses and every other year when I lived at home my mom made the houses beforehand and then we just decorated them. It was fun to get to make them this year!
Please note the huge red burn on my cheek in this picture. It was very tragic and painful and sad. When we were cooking the sugar to glue our house together a chunk dropped on my pinky (I have a huge blister there, too) and I flipped my hand and it dropped on my cheek and then I ripped it off. It's cringe worthy, I know.

I love Christmas traditions! I wonder if Jake and I will continue this one. After burning my finger and cheek today I'm not so sure!! ;)

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

Your awesome house shows why late is better than never. You guys did a great job!

Love, Momsy

Grannie said...

I love reading your blog. Looks like you had a great year and a fun trip to Louisiana. Love you.

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Wow those look beautiful! And yummy!