Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not A Teenager!

September 11 was my 20th birthday!

I remember September 11 ten years ago. My family had just moved to Washington from Utah. I was in Ms. Ervin's fourth grade class. I was ten that day. I remember that I did not understand the significance of what happened until later years. It is sad to see what people say and to see how people feel on that day. I feel so bad for the families who lost someone in that tragedy.

But Jake did spoil me. And I did have a great day. It was kind of a birthday week, really. I got Kinzie, my kindle, a week earlier. Jake and I went out to dinner, got ice cream, and rented redbox movies all week. Then Saturday I worked and he brought me lunch. Saturday night I got to open a gift because it was for both of us... A new shower head!! I was SOOO EXCITED! It's the kind that has like a hose that comes off of the shower head so it's a two in one... you know? It's great you can turn one off or have both on and there's different settings for how the water shoots out. I love it.

On Sunday we had church bright and early. After church Jake made chocolate chip pancakes for lunch, cause that's what I wanted. Then we went to his parents house for a while to chat chit (yeah, I flipped that **** ...... Name the comedian!) Then we came home and I got to open ANOTHER gift- Tangled!!!!! My favorite movie, umm, EVER. Then Jake and I ate my ICE CREAM CAKE. Then I talked with my family and Monique and her kiddos. Then I did homework (boo) then went to bed and fell asleep to my hubby massaging my sore back! Awesome! Oh, and for dinner we had a chicken and rice casserole that I got in a recipe thing from my grandma Hathaway and it's REALLY good I love it. But it makes a TOOOON and we're gonna have leftovers all week lol which is fine because, again, I love it.

That's all!

Here's the only pic I have

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

Happy happy birthday, baby girl! I am so glad that you had a good day, and icecream cake is pretty much the best ever! You are lookin' good and I am so proud of you! I love you!
Momsy

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Happy birthday Rachel!!!
Hey guess what- I loooooove tangled too! And so does Lilly. She wanted me to make her a tangled dress for Halloween and it took me like 4 months.....
Worth every stitch!! Lol
Oh yeah I looooooove chocolate chip pancakes too- nice choice :)
You are beautiful.

Kimberly said...

Ice cream cake...mmmm. DQ ice cream cake is my FAVORITE! Happy day, birth girl!