Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas With Lia!

By the way the day this post happened Jake and I hit our 6 month mark! I know that's not really an anniversary, but it was a fun day anyways! I actually had the day off (woot woot!!)! We slept in then went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Then we had Christmas with Lia! It was so fun. I told you I would do it! We got little red bows to put in her mane and we got red paint for her hooves and a Santa hat. We have not spent a lot of time with her ever since Jake got his tonsils out, life has been so hectic! But she was SO GOOD she walked right up to me and let us halter her and everything with no problem at all. We brushed her down REALLY well (a whole lotta poo and mud gets mushed in their hair when you don't see them for almost a month!) and then Jake cleaned her hooves and then we painted her hooves.

I would just like to say that she is so good she just stands there and lets you lift her feet and do whatever to them and she doesn't fight you or pull away or anything. We clipped bows in her mane and put a santa hat on her! With no trouble at all! We thought the hat would freak her out and that she wouldn't like it but it was no problem!



She is so super cute. Holy cow. And I swear she kept posing for the camera



SEE?!?

I am just sad that NO ONE was there to see her. Everyone is at Bear Lake this weekend. We opted out because it seems like every single Saturday that I get off work we spend in Utah or at Bear Lake so this Saturday we stayed home.

So after parading Lia around to the other horses...



we let her eat a ton of grass.

Then we put her back in her canal.

Look how tall she is now!

After our fun with Lia we got in the hot tub! Lovely! We were frozen.

Then we went home and ate Orange Leaf ice cream and watched Home Alone.

I love Lia and I love my husband! Xoxoxo!

5 comments:

B said...

Lia is super cute! It's fun that you would dress her up for Christmas!

Sant Family said...

Lia is SUCH a princess! Of course she was more than happy to have bows and her hoofs did. You guys are SO cute! Congrats on your 6 month anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long already. You guys are old married folk.

Jennie said...

Cute nails...hooves Lia..looks like you and Jake have a future in horse pampering business. ;). Very cute and congrats on 6 months - it is great to have you in the family!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Look at all that snow! We haven't had any yet. We usually start getting it about now though.
Super cute horse! It's like having a kid!! Glad you were able to spend your Saturday alone together :) and happy six months!!

Jean said...

So cute!!! The bows are my favorite part.