Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of july

This was our first 4th of July together!

The day started at 7 am. Way too early! We wanted to go horse back riding with Tyson, Dad C. and Kayla. Normally just the two of us go so it's cool when others want to come with. So we got there for the horseback ride and Shade did an awful job! She has the habit of walking really really slowly and eating the whole way and then trotting back up to the group then walking slowly and eating again. But I've been getting her to not eat and to fast walk with the group. She has totally gotten the hang of it and has been doing great until yesterday. Grrr! It was a fight the entire ride! Anyways, we still had fun.

Kayla on Tana, Dad C. on Lightning, me on Shade, and Tys on Buck.

Jake and I on Shade and Diego. Diego is only like four years old. He is spirited and hyper haha. He can be crazy to ride so of course Jake loves him. Once he gets a little older though, he is going to be a really great horse!!

After the horseback ride we went to THE volleyball tournament. It's a pretty big deal apparently. The Cromwells do this every 4th of July. Jake and Tyson were a team and I helped with kiddos while the other Cromwell kids and their spouses played. It was really fun! Here's a bunch of pictures....

Jake and Tyson ready to play some volleyball!

Dash (Shalina and Dane's son) and I :) he's three months old now and SO much fun! He smiles and laughs and coos all the time.

Little Vennie Bug (Josh and Zsahnae's girl)! She was my buddy all day.

On our side of the court there's Josh and Zsahnae. They won the tournament btw.... Obviously, look at that awesome hit Zsahnae is about to get! On the other side is some family friends who I don't know.

In the pink there's Shalina, blue is Dane, far left is Kayla who was also on their team. They were playing against some more family friends.

They had two little pools set up for the kids, it was awesome!


They also had a trampoline the kids played on

Then there was the slip-n-slide...
That's Jake about to dive for it...
Awesome action shot of Jake hitting the slip-n-sllide...
.......
He just needed to cool off I guess! It was super hot.

Vennis adores Jake it's so cute. He was eating her leg here.
Can't blame him, Vennie leg is pretty yummy.

Jake and Tyson are SO FUNNY to watch when they play volleyball. They win games because they are fast and can move in unnatural ways lol.

Lucky for me Dash slept better in the AC house. :)

After the Volleyball tournament we had a BBQ at Mom and Dad Cromwell's. Then Jake and I went to the fireworks show!
Jake and I had matching shirts that mi mama gave us!
The fireworks show was amazing!!! I want to go every year! But from now on we will go earlier so we can get a closer spot and we will bring a charged zune so we can listen to the broadcast on the radio while we watch the fireworks. I'm so excited for this tradition! :) I am grateful and proud to be a citizen of the USA.

6 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Wow you're quick! Love the pics and the horses! Your smile is so beautiful!!

Reno 411 said...

Your momsy is pretty awesome to make you matching shirts. I love the last picture of you two. Growl! Jakes family has some interesting names. I can't even begin to pronounced the "Z" one.

Sant Family said...

I love the last picture of you and Jake! I am so glad that you had a fabulous 4th! We were super lame duck sauce here but I am determined to not let that happen again!

I haven't done a slip and slide in years ... I would probably die.

You are such a giver to be willing to take Dash in the air conditioned house.

We seriously need to send you your summer clothes. Love you! Momsy

Sant Family said...

AW! you guys are so cute! On that second pic you and Jake look super duper cute! That sounds like a really fun tradition to have on the 4th.

*The best sister in the world!*
-SARI

PS: i love the last two pics of you and Jake too! lol Love ya gorgeous!

Kent said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great 4th.

Being with family on special days in so very important. We are happy you married into a family that stresses family doing things together.

Like the others, I too really like the last picture of you and Jake.

Jean said...

So glad you're great at posting all your pics and sharing with us. Love to see you so happy!