Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bump-Date! 31 Weeks!


Today's Date? July 21

How far along? THIRTY ONE weeks! I am so happy that we are in the final stretch!

Baby's Size? One of my apps says 18 inches and about 3 1/4 pounds and another says 16 inches, I'm betting he's closer to 16 inches because his legs measured short (Hathaway legs). He's getting BIG though!

Days until next doctors appointment? I had one on Tuesday, the 22! We tried the 3D ultrasound again. He cooperated a little bit better than last time. Jake and I were super impressed by the pictures we saw but the ultrasound tech was so disappointed. It makes me wonder how awesome the best pictures they can capture are!

Total weight gain/loss? + 19 lbs! 

Maternity clothes? I love them.

Stretch marks? A few!

Sleep? AWFUL! You are supposed to sleep on the left side for best circulation. I usually switch back and forth between my left and right side. But lately the right side of my tummy feels like I have a pulled muscle, kind of. I don't know how to explain the pain because I've never had it before! But it's not just a little painful it's a lot painful. It makes it so I can't lay on that side because it hurts too bad. So I have had to sleep just on my left side. Doing that has made my left hip hurt unbearably bad! For the first couple nights my hip just hurt when I was laying on it. Now it hurts all day long. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying down hurts, everything hurts so bad! And it keeps me up all night. Icing it does help though. My left shoulder is also messed up from me sleeping on it. And my back between my shoulder blades is so tense and painful. All resulting from bad night sleeps and leading to more bad night sleeps!

Best moment this week? The ultrasound. It was so cool. You could see the difference that two weeks made in his development. He is chubbier in these pictures than the ones from two weeks ago and just looks older! 

Movement? Lots! I love it so much! Especially the silly hiccups! He gets them multiple times a day. They haven't started shaking my whole belly yet though. I mean some of them are visible but not all of them. I am carrying him SUPER LOW but I feel him kick my ribs quite a bit. And mostly just bounce on my bladder and punch me down looooow. He is head down, has been since our last ultrasound two weeks ago.

Food cravings? I've kind of been back to not having much of an appetite. It's hard to eat when eating just gives you heartburn and makes you nauseous. I haven't puked in a while thought. But no specific cravings I don't think. I eat lots of popsicles because it's hot as hades outside. I am so thankful for AC. And a garage.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Of course. But I have actually been doing better and better towards the end here. I have usually hours every day that I feel pretty good. It used to be only some days I would have moments where I felt okay.

Have you started to show yet? Yep! Getting so big! I have decided that I carry really low. Like, really low. Hopefully that makes a difference when being induced! I have heard a lot of pregnant women say that they feel so huge they can't imagine how they will possibly get any bigger... I haven't felt that way yet. I've felt frustrated when I've tried three shirts on in a row that don't fit me anymore. But I don't feel massive yet.

Missing anything? I miss not feeling anxious all of the time! I have super bad anxiety. I also miss when bedtime was rest for my body and I was so comfortable in bed. Now bedtime just hurts. I miss not taking shots. The more stretched out my skin gets the worse my shots hurt.

Gender of baby? BOY! :)

Labor signs? I guess not. Haha. I get really frequent braxton hicks. Lately they have started affecting my back too, which is painful. Braxton hicks on my tummy are more uncomfortable. On my back they actually hurt. But Isbell says that is normal...

Belly button in or out? Out! Not crazy stretched out pointing out even through tight shirts, but out!

Wedding rings on or off? Still on!

Happy or moody most of the time? Both, depending on how much my body hurts!

Pregnancy symptoms this week? Braxton hicks, heartburn, nausea, leg cramps, hip pain, back pain, dizziness, never-ending-thirst, always sick from feeling hungry or sick from just eating, constant urge to pee (thanks to my son who literally uses my bladder as a pillow), exhaustion, trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, runny nose, hot flashes (worst ever), sensitivity to all smells and too much heat, sensitive tummy that gets mad at almost everything I feed it, anxiety that is out the wazoo, did I mention that my body just hurts??

Looking forward to? Going to Utah for my baby shower and to buy the travel system we picked out!!!! So excited! It's THIS one.

2 comments:

Hopeless Romantic said...

That stroller is amazing! Your child will be riding in style! I feel like you need that pillow J.Lo uses in The Backup Plan. Sorry your hip hurts though... :( I can't believe he's gonna be here so soon!

Sant Family said...

Best travel system ever. Remember my ginormous c shaped pillow?

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=913230230&MasterCategory_Id=MC23

This saved my life. I loved it. I also used it as a bumper when the baby slept on my bed.

Because yes, sometimes I was too tired to move the baby. This is how dad got used to sleeping on 8 inches even though we have a king size bed. Haha!

Love you!

Momsy