Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Already!

The last few years have been such big ones! It started with my family moving to Louisiana in August of 2009, then I graduated in June of 201o, then I met Jake in September of 2010, then Jake met my family in December 2010, then Jake and I got engaged in February 2011, then we were married in June 2011, then we moved from Rexburg to Idaho Falls in July 2011, then Jake switched jobs from Outfitters to Oswald Industries in October 2011, then we finished 2011 with a big ol' 2 week vacation to Utah and Louisiana! Who knows what 2012 has in store for us?! It's exciting and scary all at once!

Okay, I did not take a single picture of our weekend at Bear Lake. So here's my lame-o post with no new pics. We celebrated New Years Eve at Bear Lake with the Cromwells. They have a cabin in the mountains surrounding the lake. It's gorgeous. Already I have so many memories from Bear Lake. The lake cabin, the mountain cabin, snowmobiling, boating, four wheeling, etc. I can't wait for our kids to make memories there! So we got there Friday night and I was so sick. My ears hurt my head hurt I was coughing and sniffing and I had a headache. Jake played games with his sibs all night and I felt really lame cause I stayed in our room and played solitaire and read my Kinzie and slept. Friday was also Harrison's birthday, FYI. He's the super sweet nephew that Jake and I just adore. Saturday I still felt lousy but I tried to suck it up. I played kinect or whatever that newest game is with Jake for a little bit and then the rest of the day I pretty much just read. Perfect vacation if you ask me, I love to just sit and read! But I think Jake was bored for me because he kept trying to find other things for me to do haha. We played bananagrams and card games a lot. Jake rocked the kinect dancing game ALL DAY LONG. Some day we will have to invest in that cause he loves it and I think it's the only exercise he gets ;). On Sunday we
slept in and then went to church at 12. After church we hung out and ate good food. Jake and I made pumpkin cookies. I read a lot more (I CAN'T believe how long The Host is it has taken me forever to read!). After dark we all went down to the lake cabin and Adam did a firework show that was A.MAZ.ING. Seriously probably the best I have ever seen. After a yummy dinner Jake and I went HOME. We've been gone a long time! It was so nice to get away for two weeks but it's so good to shower in your own shower and sleep in your own bed!

Now I just don't know if we're ready for our new schedule of both of us working our awful jobs and both of us going to school. (I know every newly wed couple does that but sheesh! It's hard! Especially when you live 40 minutes away from your school and it's snowy and icy outside.)

Here are some of my favorite things from 2011:
1. Obviously, getting engaged at the ice castles in Midway, UT in February. (They aren't making them this year! Boo!)



2. Obviously, getting sealed to my best friend in the beautiful Bountiful Temple in June.



3. Moving OUT of Rexburg to Idaho Falls in July. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our townhouse, ward, calling, how close we are to family, jobs, everything!

4. Buying our baby horse Lia! We so love and spoil her!



5. Hearing that we get to move up with our primary class!! We just love those kids!

I've said it before, if I knew their parents I would take a picture but since I don't, they probably wouldn't appreciate their kid's random primary teacher taking a group picture and blogging about it. ;)

Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

It's been a stellar year! As you know, I love to read, too! I hope that you are feeling better. Love you!
Momsy

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Ah glad you are feeling better. Bummer to be sick on vacation! Wish I had that kind of time to read though :)
Totally know what you mean about just getting home and back in routine....even though vacation is awesome :)
This has been an amazing year- you guys rock!
It's been my experencethat theparents are honored to have you put their kids on your blog! Especially being a private blog....I don't even ask cuz I know just my hand full of followers will be seeing them :)
Here's to 2012!!