*WARNING: I DON'T HAVE ALL THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SAID THESE THINGS.... SORRY, I KNOW THAT'S BAD!*
"One of the biggest decisions you'll ever make is whether or not you are going to trust the Lord. If you want a bright future, you have to make the decision right now: do you trust the Lord or not? -Elder Groberg
"If we spend our days waiting for beautiful roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Turn your face to the SON, and the shadows fall behind you."
"Don't base your decisions on what you think you can or cannot do." -Brother Gardner
"When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember, a teacher is always quiet during a test."
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength."
"Sometimes God calms the storm... Sometimes He lets the storm rage on and He calms His child."
"Little things are the most important in life."
"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
"Let your past make you BETTER, not BITTER."
How to build a lasting relationship:
ME
1. Cut around the M
2. Rotate 180 degrees
"Jake, it takes millions of people to complete the world, but it only takes you to complete mine."
"You never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I have ended up where I needed to be."
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "Im possible" "
"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. -Jeffrey R. Holland
"STRENGTH: A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but its persistence."
"Don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him." Jake, I would be proud to have a son exactly like you.
"Plan your future with PURPOSE. Frame your life with FAITH. -Thomas S. Monson
"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." -Sister Hinkley
"Sometimes what you want isn't always what you get, but in the end what you get is so much better than what you wanted."
"BElieve in YOUrself... BE YOU."
"God's "no" is not a rejection, it's a redirection."
"One of the best things in life is realizing you're perfectly happy without the things you thought you wanted/needed the most."
"And if they endure to the end they shall be lifted." -Russell M. Nelson
"It's better to look UP." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing."
"Whether you think you CAN or think you CAN'T, you're right."
"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet."
"One of the biggest decisions you'll ever make is whether or not you are going to trust the Lord. If you want a bright future, you have to make the decision right now: do you trust the Lord or not? -Elder Groberg
"If we spend our days waiting for beautiful roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Turn your face to the SON, and the shadows fall behind you."
"Don't base your decisions on what you think you can or cannot do." -Brother Gardner
"When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember, a teacher is always quiet during a test."
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength."
"Sometimes God calms the storm... Sometimes He lets the storm rage on and He calms His child."
"Little things are the most important in life."
"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
"Let your past make you BETTER, not BITTER."
How to build a lasting relationship:
ME
1. Cut around the M
2. Rotate 180 degrees
"Jake, it takes millions of people to complete the world, but it only takes you to complete mine."
"You never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I have ended up where I needed to be."
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "Im possible" "
"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. -Jeffrey R. Holland
"STRENGTH: A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but its persistence."
"Don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him." Jake, I would be proud to have a son exactly like you.
"Plan your future with PURPOSE. Frame your life with FAITH. -Thomas S. Monson
"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." -Sister Hinkley
"Sometimes what you want isn't always what you get, but in the end what you get is so much better than what you wanted."
"BElieve in YOUrself... BE YOU."
"God's "no" is not a rejection, it's a redirection."
"One of the best things in life is realizing you're perfectly happy without the things you thought you wanted/needed the most."
"And if they endure to the end they shall be lifted." -Russell M. Nelson
"It's better to look UP." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing."
"Whether you think you CAN or think you CAN'T, you're right."
"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet."

3 comments:
That is such a great idea! Think of how cool that will be in 1 year, in 5 years, in 10, 20, 50 ... SOOOO amazing!
Here are some of my favorites:
"Give me this mountain!" -President Kimball (Liza Dailey wrote that quote in a little letter she wrote me when I was a missionary in her ward. I keep the letter in my scriptures.
"...as I was with Moses, so I will be thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee . ... Only be thou strong and very courageous that mayest observe to do according to all the law ... turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest... Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the LORD thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." -Joshua 1:5-9
"I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." - D&C 82:10
"There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated - And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." - D&C 130:20-21
"God's in his heaven, All's right with the world!" Robert Browning
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed. - D&C 123:17
"Come what may, and love it!" - Joseph B. Worthlin. (JUST KIDDING! I HATE that quote! I love what Joseph B. Wirthlin had to say and I believe he was called of God, and all that but I seriously HATE that quote and all the vinyl lettering that followed.
I love you and Jake and I have every confidence that everything is going to be not just fine but great! Mwah mwah mwah!
Love, Momsy
You have some great quotes in there...I remember sending Adam quotes every letter while he was on his mission and he told me later how much he appreciated them! You two will succeed and be happy as long as you work together as a "we" couple instead of a "me" couple...looks like you are off to a good start!
Great idea! All those quotes are awesome! I love hearing and getting new quotes. Wish I would have thought of that at the beginning of my marriage :) I should just keep some papers that size in my scripture and can write quotes whenever I hear them :)
Post a Comment