Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lia Is Growing Up So Fast!

Okay something for EVERYONE to look forward to: I have finally gotten permission from Jake to paint Lia's hooves for Christmas! We're gonna paint them all red! It's going to be so cute and funny.

Here's a bunch of pictures of Lia!!

I hadn't brushed her side yet so it's all dirty

I love her!


This is what she does when she realizes who Jake and I are, runs right on over!


She totally warmed up to us picking up her feet so fast!


She totally knows her name because I was standing with the camera and said, "hey Lia" and she looked right over! :)

I know it's cheesy but I feel SO lucky to have married someone who loves horses because now I can't imagine not being able to ride and train and play with them. I love them.

Look she just stands there with the blanket on


So easy to put the saddle on



She doesn't like the bit but she'll let you put it on her.



She drives and steers so perfect

Look at her lip, I was itching a good spot! Cute story: I was itching behind her front leg and she leaned over and started scratching my leg with her nose!! So cute! That's what horses do for each other.


Walking by the geldings...

Buck and Lia!!!! <3

Left to right there's Buck, Diego, Lightning, Spur

This blue box is noisy so it desensitizes her to sounds when riding

This is Fury. She almost choked on a rope and when I pulled it away she came over to the fence and did this:


I was on the phone with my momsy when this pic was taken but I was just rubbing her tummy and she dropped her head and closed her eyes she was sooo calm

I. LOVE. HORSE. HUGS.
SO.MUCH.

Here is proof that the Cromwell's geldings love Lia. Left to right it's Diego, Buck, Lightning, and Spur.

Me being brave and picking up Lia's feet for the first time ever, thank you!

It's so sad when we leave she follows us all the way to the fence and looks at us like, "Wait! Don't go!"

Jake and I love Lia so much. She is so fun. Another cute story: I went to go play with her and I walked in and she came right up to me and was doing so good just standing there for me. Then I grabbed the halter and she immediately ran the opposite direction! I was so mad at her for being so bad! I tried and tried to catch her and I just couldn't she would stand and look at me and then when I got close enough she would run off! So finally I gave up and I hung the rope and halter back up and sat on the fence. She walked up to me, looked at me for a second, and then walked right over to the rope and halter and just stood there with her nose to it! I got down and went over there, expected her to run away, but she just stood there and let me put it on! She was just playing a game with me that whole time. SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!! She is so good and so fun and sweet.

3 comments:

Jean said...

I love your stories of her--so cute!

Sant Family said...

Hahahaha! I am laughing OUT LOUD at your announcement that you get to paint Lia's hooves! SO FUNNY!

I also super love the pictures of the boy horses *checking out* the new girl in town. (brownchickenbrowncow - said in my Utah voice)

And I love that you FINALLY get to have a horse, it's only been your dream since you were like ... four. "I want a pony."

And I love that Lia played the game with you. What a fun girl she is!


I still gag just a little reading about the rope in the horse's throat. It was gross when you took it out. I had to be really brave on the phone because that was sick. S.I.C.K.

Love you!
Momsy

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Rachel! I have missed you so much!
I have been on somewhat of a blogging hiatus while I have been working this past month but I am so glad to be back!
Those are sweet stories- your horse is like having a baby!! ;P