Monday, August 29, 2011

Bear Lake August 2011

Jake and I got more time off work this round! Yay! We drove down Wednesday night when I got off work. We stayed in the mountain cabin. I was determined to take A TON of pictures. But I seriously have like maybe 10 pictures total. I'm more than a little bummed!!!

Thursday Jake and I jet skii'd (sp?) around the entire lake! It took us 2 1/2 hours! It's a huge lake! It was super fun. We got super burned though because neither one of us has even seen the sun this entire summer. I read like 80 pages in the book I'm reading. We also built a water trampoline! It was sooo funny and I really didn't think it would work. The older siblings pitched in and bought two trampolines and I think five of those big black tubes. We flipped one trampoline upside down and tied the tubes onto the bottom of the tramp. Then we put the other trampoline on top of the upside down one and hooked the legs together with metal thingies. At first it was not bouncy at all and I left to go on a jet ski ride but I think they took out the tube that was tied t0 the center of the trampoline and they tied the tubes so that they were just around the edge and hanging out a bit. Anyways, whatever they did it worked because that thing was so much fun! It looked a little white trash ;) but it was a blast to play on.


Friday I got a new swimming suit because my thighs were so burned from Thursday that I wanted longer shorts. So I got board shorts! And I love them. And Jake taught me how to surf behind the boat! I never got to the point where I could let go of the rope but it was fun the few times that I lasted a couple of minutes! Jake and I went knee boarding together, it was so fun! I had never knee boarded two at a time before! Jake, of course, was standing up and doing 360's and spinning in and out of the wake and splashing me and knee boarding backwards etc etc but I just sat there lol and it was so fun! I also learned how to ride the standing jet ski! You start out kneeling down and then stand up. I like it better just kneeling down but it was pretty cool.

Saturday was kind of a friend day. Most of Jake's family left to go to a family reunion and so it was just Dane and Shalina and Dash, Tyson, and Kayla. So Jake's old mission companion Chris came and brought his girlfriend Elise with him. We had a kinda chill day. It was a little stormy so we went out and watched Tyson and Kayla surf together, Kayla on Tyson's shoulders... It's impressive because surfing behind the boat is hard even when you're hanging onto the rope! Then Jake taught Chris and Elise how to surf, and I tried again, and then we went in and went to a pizza place then played card games with the others for a while. Jake and I went out on another jet ski ride and we took Chris and Elise with us so we had all four of us on one jet ski. Jake went over a couple of waves that almost knocked Chris off the back! After that we went water skiing.



Sunday we slept in and it was wonderful. We went to Bear Lake's sacrament meeting and I felt cool because I recognize the people in that ward now, I've gone like five or six times this last year! Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning the mountain cabin, lake cabin, boats, and jet skiis. I badly wanted to get back in the water!! Curses!!

4 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Omg that looks so cool!! How fun! Lucky ducks :)

Sant Family said...

What a GREAT vacation! I am so glad that you married into a family that loves the water and water sports and all that good stuff! I lol'd about the water tramp being white trash. I think it's awesome!

I love you and miss you!
Love, Momsy

Jean said...

Wow, you do so many fun things!

Sant Family said...

WOW! That sounds like you guys had so much fun!!!! I miss the lake. That water trampoline sounds like so much fun! I love you and miss you!

*the best sister in the whole world*
-SARI