Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bump-Date! 38 Weeks!


Today's Date? September 8

How far along? THIRTY EIGHT weeks!! Oh my gosh!!! This might be my last bump-date!

Baby's Size? He is around 19+ inches and almost 7 lbs!

Days until next doctors appointment? I had one today with the PA, Becky. She said my BP was high again. She said I have a little bit of toxemia. So I am continuing bedrest and going in Wednesday the 10th and Thursday the 11th. On the 10th I'll see Becky again because my doctor is still gone. On Thursday I'll see my doctor. We have an induction scheduled with the hospital for Wednesday the 17th, but Becky said that she would rather do it this Friday the 12 to be safe because of the toxemia thing. So when my doc gets back in town she is going to talk to him and we will find out on Thursday what day for sure this little man is coming! It's crazy that this could be my last bump date and we could be meeting our little boy this very week! Over the weekend, on Saturday, I went to labor and delivery again because I was in a lot of pain and was contracting a lot. It wasn't regular yet but I didn't want it to get regular because I am still on my bloodthinner and if I go into labor while on my blood thinner then I can't have an epidural and that would NOT BE OKAY! So we went in and I am glad we did because they found that I have a UTI. I have never had one before so I didn't know the signs of it. They caught it really early and I am so glad! Other than that I am still at 80% and a 2. BP goes way up whenever I sit up or walk around or do anything. Boo. 

Total weight gain/loss? + 26 lbs! Last week I was up 29 lbs. I think maybe I am eating less trying to stay down all day?

Maternity clothes? Yes. 

Stretch marks? Yes.

Sleep? What is sleep?    

Best moment this week? Just all of the reassurance that Eli is okay. I am irrationally panicky lately and between hating my doctor and not really trusting him and his judgements in the delivery room, my factor 5, my lovenox, now my toxemia, having a UTI, etc., I seriously wonder how anyone lives through pregnancy, labor, and delivery! It's so hard! And when I feel so crappy and am having complications it makes me paranoid about Eli. And he goes through super duper active phases where he is non stop moving like crazy for days and then is quiet for days. And it freaks me out! But the upside of all of the complications is that I get to know that he is doing just fine because they always monitor or check him too. I want a healthy happy baby boy! 

Movement? Yeah. He has been quiet lately compared to his usual activity but enough that I know he's still in there! ;)

Food cravings? My latest FAVORITE breakfast is scrambled eggs with some cream cheese scrambled in with the egg and spread that on a bagel and then a bowl of mixed berry yogurt with apple slices, banana slices, and mandarin oranges. SO YUM! Grapes and cheese. Apples and PB. Rice. Spaghetti. Peaches and cottage cheese. Bananas. Danimals drinkable yogurt things! The same pretty much.

Anything making you queasy or sick? I have been feeling just kind of yucky lately. I think staying down all day does that to you! 

Have you started to show yet? For sure!

Missing anything? I really miss sleeping on my back! I miss not hurting all over. I miss feeling healthy and strong.

Gender of baby? BOY! :)

Labor signs? Nothing too exciting, just fake labor stuff.

Belly button in or out? Out or flat!

Wedding rings on or off? Off!

Happy or moody most of the time? Just happy and excited and nervous and freaking out and every other emotion that exists!

Pregnancy symptoms this week? Heartburn. Leg cramps. Tired. Thirsty. Hip pain. Lower back pain. Braxton hicks/contractions. Weird vision. Dry eyes, I never wear my contacts anymore (unless I am leaving the house I guess but that never happens these days with bed rest) and everyone knows how much I hate my glasses.

Looking forward to? My body recovering! Meeting Eli! Seeing Jake be a dad! Being DONE with labor and delivery because I am so nervous for that!

3 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Rachel I am so so excited for you to have your little boy! Just one more day I hope!

Lee&Michelle said...

Crazy you might get to see your baby before I do! I hope everything turns out perfect in the end even though your miserable now! You poor thing you have had it rough! As if pregnancy itself isn't hard enough! wishing you the best!

Hopeless Romantic said...

It's so crazy to read this AFTER Eli is born. He is such a cute little baby.