Summer 2013 was the busiest! It was cray-zay. Here's what kept us busy this summer:
1. Carlisle Beauty- my job
2. On the Spot- Jake's job
3. Townhouse Managers- our side job, usually Jake because he is awesome
4. HOA Maintenance and Cleaning- our side job, I usually vacuum and clean and Jake does a never-ending list of other things that they find for him because he's awesome and can do anything and everything.
5. Flip House- Still on going but not as life consuming because we just need it to sell! (Except for a flood in the basement which gets its own post. Jake actually is working there again to work off the deductible. He's a giver and I won't hear anything else from anyone!)
6. Car Maintenance and Repairs- Jake's side job for family and friends
7. Shoeing Horses- Jake's side job, his favorite side job and the one that got put on the back burner because of everything else
8. Home/Visiting Teaching- Okay, small of me to include these last three things but I just want to remember how busy we were this summer in 10 years when I look back on our third summer of marriage! Jake went home teaching without a companion every month until November I think.
9. Primary Chorister- Was extremely stressful at first, every Monday I spent anywhere from 6-12 hours just planning and organizing and figuring things out, etc. But now I love it!
10. 10 and 11 Year Old Teacher- Jake's calling. He LOVES it and LOVES his kids. He reads the upcoming lesson a little bit every night of the week.
Busy is good. But we had school, and obviously all of our jobs listed above except the flip house, from Sept '12-April '13. We started work on the flip house the day that we did our last final. Worked all summer and started school again in September '13 the day after we finished the flip house. Now we have school until we are off track in April. To celebrate finishing EIGHTEEN straight months (Sept '12- April '14) of hard work and no sleep, we have tickets bought to go visit my family! YAY! It can't come soon enough!
Hopefully I will get caught up from this 7 month hiatus from blogging!
2 comments:
Wow! You guys were busy with a capital B!! Holy cow!! I bet you do an amazing job as a chorister, I can totally see that. Great post!
I do not know how you survived all this. There was a lot of good. True. But your challenges were ... challenging for sure!
Dad and I admire you and Jake so much. We are so proud of the good people you are who serve others and never think of yourselves or your gain.
Love you,
Momsy
Post a Comment