Tuesday, May 7, 2013

New Foam Mattress!

When Jake and I got married we inherited the "Cromwell honeymoon mattress." I call it that. Gross, I know. It started with Jake's sister Zsahnae (I think?) and her hubs Josh and then got passed down to Shalina and Dane, then Shalina gave it to Jake when we got married. Jake has two siblings getting married, Tyson this Friday and Kayla June 1, and I have a brother, Ben, getting married June 29. So it was time for the mattress to GO to one of them.

We were going to give it to Kayla, because we already got a su-weet gift for Tyson and Memrie, but then Kayla said they found another one that's already in Utah so they're taking that one. So we're giving this one to Ben! Which I am happy about because Tyson and Kayla have LOTS of family who can hand stuff down and help out newly weds and Ben doesn't... So I'm glad that I can hand some nice things down to help him out. Now to get the mattress down to Utah!

So we went mattress shopping and came away with this beaut...












We have box springs but the foam mattresses are supposed to sit on a totally flat surface so it won't mold into the shapes of the boards or springs in the box spring. So we bought two 1/2 inch MDF panels to set on top of the box spring. We had to cut them to the right size. I helped Jake (woot woot) cut them with this table saw.

Then I cleaned out Marcie, my favorite thing EVER, I love having a clean car!! And Jake played cut throat racquetball (three person racquetball) with Tyson and Jed. I watched the last few points. It's a fun game to watch! Especially with these three because they are hilarious to watch with how similar they are and how competitive they are! I kept thinking, "DO NOT give Tyson a black eye!" Because his wedding is this Friday! Jed is in the red, Jake in the gray, and Tyson in the black.

My hubs-

We then went home to put together our new bed!! Here's our old mattress

We laid the boards on this way (You can see we wiped it off with a wet rag)

Can't forget to put on the bed skirt (we ALWAYS forget)....

And the new mattress!!!!



I'm fond of it. Our bed looks so flat when we make it, it was always lumpy before! We both slept like rocks last night and my back didn't hurt when I woke up! Now this thing just better last us for the next 20 years like we were promised! :)

1 comment:

Hopeless Romantic said...

HAHAHA! Honeymoon mattress. That is too funny. Great job making your bed board thingy that goes above the box springs! Looks awesome :D