Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tribute to Marcie May Our '05 Hyundai Elantra

As I mentioned in this post Marcie's transmission died and we traded her in for a gray '09 Hyundai Elantra. I love Marcie May and am so super sad to see her go. I thought my kids would drive her! She was a 2005 with 75,000 miles when her transmission went out. Here's what I'll miss!

Her blue color. She was sooo pretty! Gray is everywhere.





Her window tat. From Hawaii, given to me by my cousin Heidyn, AKA MoniQ, AKA Beanie. I'll have to find a new one that I love for the new car. But it won't mean as much as the old one!

Her steering wheel. The new one is so different and I have to drive different!

Her chirp when you locked her with the key fob. So cute! The new one is like a rude and intimidating honk or beep or something. At the dealership I recorded her chirp (make fun if you want!) I don't know if it will work because blogger never seems to upload my videos but I'll try...


Having two PADDED keys and two key fobs. Now we have regular keys and one fob. Marcie's is the first picture and the second picture is the new car.


Her nice and comfy seats. The new one has okay seats, but nothing like Marcie's. She's the only car that I could drive to Utah in without my back hurting when we got there.
 
Having Elantra floor mats. Yeah you can buy them but you can't buy ones specific for your car without spending a fortune. Marcie came with her original mats and I loved them. This new car didn't come with mats.

Marcie's tires! Last fall we spent $500 on brand new all purpose tires and they are still good as new after our mild winter. Our new car has four worn out tires. 

I think that's about it. Besides her name. I love Marcie May, it's so easy and fun to say and it fit her perfectly. This new car has no perfect name (yet). It will be weird to not say Marcie and Mater (Jake's car) but to say something else and Mater.

Good luck out there Marcie! We will miss you.

No comments: