I have been MIA from the blogging world for too long!
So here is the big update.
This post has our top 12 in 2012! It's short sweet and to the point. :)
Jake is now a recreational management major at BYUI. He was in business but it was just not his cup of tea. That's okay with me! Have you seen Gilmore Girls?? Business men are pigs. Haha. The plan is still becoming a seminary teacher and if it is meant to happen then it will and if it is not then something else will come along. The main thing is that Jake is about to enjoy school for the first time in his life. I am SO excited and SO happy for him!
I am still doing Home and Family and seriously, people, I love it! I guess I am old fashioned in today's world because I just love the homemaking things that I am learning.
Jake is still Mr. Workaholic, which, don't get me wrong, is a good thing! But he sure is busy. He works at On the Spot Cleaning and Restoration, he works as the in town manager/repairman for four townhouses, where we used to live. That comes in waves. Either nothing is happening or unit A and C are both moving and unit B has a broken dishwasher and unit D broke down a door and needs it repaired, etc. It all happens at once and keeps Jake super busy for a weekend and then it'll slow down for a while. He also still works on cars for family and friends, which comes in waves as well. And then of course, horseshoeing which is seasonal.
I work at Carlisle Beauty still. We get along, mostly ;).
Jake and I also started working for the HOA at the condo we bought. We vacuum the garage and hallways twice a month. It covers our monthly HOA fee so that works out nicely. I have a little post about it here.
We are partnering with Dane and Shalina to flip a house during our off track! We have a break from April-September. We got a house, next door to Dane and Shalina (WAY too convenient, we're super lucky!) We live like 7 minutes away. Jake is overly excited! Some of our projects include replacing carpet throughout, replacing kitchen and bathroom floors, repainting the walls, replacing the siding, fixing up the sun room, remodeling the laundry room and master bedroom, taking down popcorn ceiling and mudding it, doing a counter restore on the kitchen and one of the bathrooms counters, replacing windows, replacing interior doors, and a little bit of yard work.
We are loving living in our own place that is all ours and having the freedom to paint it and make changes. Read about our move into the condo here.
We are healthy, happy, busy, and loving life!
1 comment:
You guys are so awesome and fabulous and amazing! I love you all so much! Mwah!
Post a Comment