Monday, April 15, 2013

The Death of Mr. Hulk

Remember Hulk, our vacuum? Read about him here. He has been such a good vacuum for us and we were rather find of him. Well in our condo there is a plug that is for the AC, it's a 220 plug, which apparently means that normal things can't be plugged in there. Well we did not realize this and so we plugged the Hulk in and turned him on. BAM he exploded. It smelled so freakin' bad! He looked like a firework. So we threw him away, had no idea what happened.

Jake and I vacuum for the HOA at the condo as I mentioned in this post. So we went and grabbed the condo's vacuum and plugged it on in right in the same deathly plug. Turned it on and what do you know? It died, too! It smelled SO BAD in our house! It was awful! Oh, by the way, Ben and his girlfriend Kaye were visiting us for the weekend when all this happened.

I had some sort of fit! I was laughing so hard and could not stop! I was freaking out because we just ruined two expensive vacuums and one of them was not even ours but somehow I was laughing so hard I was crying and it was just ridiculous haha.

Fortunately, the HOA president felt like the plug should have been marked and so he paid for a new HOA vacuum, which you can read about here.

Dane and Shalina just bought themselves a super awesome new vacuum so they gave us their old one! So kind.

I wish I had taken a picture of the dead Mr. Hulk but he pretty much looked the same and his burial was in the big yellow dumpster out back. There's a good enough image for ya!

RIP Mr. Hulk!

No comments: