Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Year Wedding Anniversary!

Jake and I have been married for one year! Wow! I feel so lucky to have married such a great guy. We are a perfect match. We decided that we wouldn't spend money on holidays or birthdays or our anniversary this year... Well Jake said that the sewing machine was my anniversary gift from him so that broke that rule... So then last minute I decided to surprise him and take him somewhere for our anniversary!

My first surprise for Jake was learning how to drive stick shift. He really wants me to know how. So Mom C. taught me! She was very good and very patient. It was a fun surprise!

Back to the big surprise! Friday after work I booked us a hotel room and found some fun things to do in LAVA HOT SPRINGS! It was so much fun! I love that place! It was our first time there.

So first we went to our niece's baptism. Livy is such a sweet and funny girl we really love her a lot. She looked so pretty.

Then we drove to Lava! We had so much fun. It was the best weekend! We found this awesome flag

We went to the hot springs but didn't take any pictures! It was super cool though! There are multiple pools and they get hotter and hotter the farther back you go. It starts and 112* and gets as cool as 102*. Jake and I got all the way submerged in the 112* water! It was so stinkin' hot!

We went to the water park. The water was the perfect temperature!

These slides were my favorite!

These slides were not my favorite, but I still did them.

You had to sign a waiver before you could jump off these diving boards! Jake did it, I did not!



This place had soft serve ice cream for a buck! It was delicious.

They had trains that went by every ten minutes and I always wanted to put a penny on the track and get it once it was smashed... AND JAKE LET ME! It was so cool!

We had a picnic at this awesome park. We played on the play ground and everything. It was way fun!

Here's what our room looked like!

 This is where we had breakfast, which was so yummy!!

I love Jake so much. It is so special having an eternal best friend and getting to know him better than anyone else. Here's to many more years like this one was! Xoxo!

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

How much fun is this?!

Uhm, lava hot springs has DEFINITELY improved since I was there! It was a moldy, mildewy, beaten down place with musty shacks and pools that probably carried 100 diseases.

One semester we went there to study for our finals. I sat in the hot tub while the steam rose and ran the ink on my papers and the snow fell and melted above our heads and turned to rain and then warm mist. It was amazing and I rocked the finals. I think it's because I was so relaxed studying.

So, we are for sure going to Schlitterbahn next time you are here! It's like this water park, times 1000. The rooms are beautiful and I am so glad you two had a chance to get away from all your commitments and the service you give everyone else.

Love you and congratulations!

Love, Momsy