Tuesday, April 19, 2011

my new home!

I FINALLY moved into my own apartment! I'm living here to hold our place basically and Jake will move in in June.

Here's a tour!

View from the front door.... This place is tiny but I think it's perfect! (Notice the cute thing hanging on the side of the fridge... Jenn Stauffenburg made me that! It's so so soooo cute!)

View from the bedroom.

Kitchen side 1

Kitchen side 2. (Is it just me or it is totally weird that there's just a blank spot on the wall above the sink? It looks odd to me...)

Living room

Our free couch!

Our cute matchy table and chairs! (Thank you Jennie!!)

The GORGEOUS dresser that Jake built! Yep, it's in our living room! Haha :) And yes that's the countdown that I made back at 80 days to go! Now there's 44 days.

The bed. Jake made the headboard! There's a matching foot board but we'll wait until we live in a bigger place for that.

Closet.... I wish Jake the best when he moves in lol.

Desk area behind the bedroom door.... we don't have a desk yet. Notice the giant pink suitcase. That's cause I'm packing for Baton Rouge!! Yay!! (Not at all sure why it wouldn't download right side up... Sorry!)

Another corner in the room. Jake made this nightstand.

The other nightstand that Jake made! (Yes those are candy canes on the bottom there.... I stock up every christmas!)

Bathroom!

Bathroom.

Bathroom!

I think it's an adorable place! It's awesome/scary/exciting/boring/nice to live all alone! I'm so lucky to live here!

5 comments:

Sant Family said...

Your place is super cute and adorable! Perfect for newly marrieds.

I am totally laughing about Jake not having a place to put his stuff. I guess that's what the coat closet and the dresser are for?

It is completely random that there is nothing about the sink. It's not just you. It's like it needs a window. Oh! I know! We can find you a window at a yard sale or something and then you can hang it and it will be so cute! (See the vision in my mind?)

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Lol I don't think you can just buy a window tif!
Well, maybe you can but you wouldn't be able to see out of it!
But yeah usually the microwave goes there! But maybe your mom could crochet something huge and awesome looking you could frame and hang there ;)

I love your apartment! Way better than our first one! It is super cute! And you have so many clothes- I'm jealous!

Sant Family said...

How about a great big mirror over the sink?

Jennie said...

Rachel, lurker Jennie here, your apt is cute and will be great for starters! We are excited to have you in the family!

Kent said...

I am seeing almost what Tifani is over the sink, but using old barn boards with an outdoor scene that you like and that can be changed as you want to put something else there to look at.

Anyway love the apt. Also really like the homemade bed stuff. Jake and his dad are very good at making things.

OH, I hope you have something to add to the "R" that is on the shelf over the bed after 3June2011!!!!