Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bump-Date! 17 Weeks!

I'll get a picture next week!]

Today's Date? April 21

How far along? 17 weeks!

Baby's Size?  5 inches and 5 ounces! The size of an onion! ;)

Days until next doctors appointment? I had one today and we heard the heartbeat! My next one is in three weeks on May 12 and we'll be having THE ultrasound!!


 Total weight gain/loss? +9 lbs, which is -2 lbs from last week. Probably because I've been puking more and eating less, for fear of puking more!

Maternity clothes? No but my clothes are way uncomfortable. I like dresses and maxi skirts pretty much. Even my belly band was just not that comfortable this week. 

Stretch marks? Not on my stomach! ;)

Sleep? I love sleep. I need so much of it! I still haven''t got my energy back after the first trimester! I wake up multiple times a night to roll over or to pee but fall asleep again easily. Taking a nap in the middle of the day makes a huge difference in how I feel.

Best moment this week? Definitely my doctor's appointment. We heard the baby's heartbeat and the doctor said that the baby was feisty and was moving a ton! She had to keep moving the doppler or whatever to follow the heartbeat. :) I love my appointments so much!

Movement? I've only felt movement when going to bed at night. A few minutes after laying down if I lay on my back Jake and I can both feel the baby moving. It's seriously so much fun!

Food cravings? All of my cravings so far have been for things like mac and cheese and soft rolls and fruit. But this week I felt like "real food" a lot and wanted to eat more. But food keeps making me sick. My appetite is growing but when I try and eat a real meal rather than a small bowl of mac and cheese or some fruit, I puke it up. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I was SO sick all day. Easter I thought I was okay so I ate a yummy Easter dinner with Jake's family and was totally fine until hours later when I got home and I threw up all night. So weird and getting so frustrating!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Smells! The smell of Carlisle Beauty makes me sick. The perms and colors just smell so strong and makes me sick. It's been getting worse and worse, not better and better. Not enough sleep= miserably sick until I get enough sleep. Eating makes me sick like half the time and not eating makes me sick. I used to be more sick in the mornings and now I feel sickest in the evenings.

Have you started to show yet? Yep! I'm gonna start measuring my waist every week because a growing number will be fun to see! I wish I knew what I started at, but this week I'm 33 1/2 inches at my belly button!

Missing anything? Just the days when I didn't have to end every day with a shot. I HATE THE SHOTS. And I wish I could eat and feel good.

Gender of baby? Jake is still feeling girl, I really don't know... We have the appointment to find out in three weeks on Monday, May 12, and we are keeping it in an envelope until we get to Louisiana so that we can find out with my family. So to tide me over from that Monday to that Saturday I am going to do a bunch of old wivestales and see what they say we're having! ;)

Labor signs? Nope!

Belly button in or out? In!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or moody most of the time? This week I was a monster... Jake worked over 71 hours! He worked Monday-Sunday even though Sunday was Easter! Isn't that awful?? And I worked over 30 hours, which used to not be a lot for me, but it was three 10 hour days and one day that I worked the evening for 4-5 hours. So it made me feel sooo super sick all week long. Plus I never saw Jake and it all just led to me being grumpy as can be.

Pregnancy symptoms this week? Still been getting headaches. Still have round ligament pains. Still pee every hour or more. Still tired all the time. My back still hurts. I get heartburn a couple times a week. And then there's the nausea that haunts me all of the time... And feeling queasy right after eating and whenever hungry...

Looking forward to? Not working anymore so that (hopefully) I will feel a lot better. And finding out the gender!! How will I wait??! :)

3 comments:

Hopeless Romantic said...

That is awesome that you can feel he/she move! :D I hope you start feeling better soon though. :) I can't wait to find out what gender it is :D

Sant Family said...

Super exciting! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are doing this weekly updates! I really hope that you feel better soon. It's just so frustrating to not feel well for so long. I love you!

Kimberly said...

I'm all caught up--phew! So fun to read the updates. You're making me miss being pregnant even more than I already was! ;) (Yes, even with all the talk of being sick, etc.) Sorry that you're not feeling well, but I know it's a happy not feeling well because it means there's a baby at the end of it! Keep on keeping on!