How far along? 16 weeks!
Baby's Size? 4 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 ounces! The size of an avocado! ;) (I'm assuming that my silly app, that tells me which produce my baby is as big as, is referring to the baby's weight...)
Days until next doctors appointment? One week from today on April 21, we'll be hearing the heartbeat again!
Total weight gain/loss? +11 lbs
Maternity clothes? Just my belly band that I love! I want one in every neutral color!
Stretch marks? Not yet :)
Sleep? I wake up probably three-four times a night to find a new comfortable position, but I fall asleep again easily.
Best moment this week? Jake felt the baby for the first time Sunday night! It's so slight it's not any stronger than my pulse but I was so excited that we could feel him or her moving! Also talking with two of my sisters-in-law, Kayla and Shalina, who are also pregnant. It was so much fun! Kayla is in her third trimester with her first baby, me in my second trimester with first baby, and Shalina in her first trimester with her third baby. It was so good to talk to girls who know what pregnancy is like! It made this feel more real talking about it with others. It was fun, I wish we could get together more often!
Movement? I am pretty sure that I felt the first movements, called quickening, a couple of nights ago. I was laying in bed on my back trying to fall asleep and had my hand on my tummy. I was kind of zoned in and felt little thumps or flicks that I know wasn't anything else. Then on Sunday night, like I said, I was laying down and could feel them stronger than the other night and so I had Jake try and after a couple of minutes he started recognizing it when it happened! Coolest thing ever! I can't wait until the baby is stronger and stronger!
Food cravings? Watermelon, pineapple, other fruits, cottage cheese with yogurt or cottage cheese with peaches, spaghetti, hard boiled eggs, water water water. Super glad to be past the phase where all I could eat was macaroni and cheese! The last ten weeks I have eaten SO much mac and cheese. Happy to be over that!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Smells, especially the smell of perms and colors while I am at work. Whenever I overdo it I feel sick the rest of the day. If I don't eat often enough I feel sick the rest of the day.
Have you started to show yet? Yes! No denying it, folks! :) The belly is popped!
Missing anything? I still just miss not taking a shot in my stomach every day. I hate them so much. There have been two that I seriously hardly felt at all and every other one has been super not fun.
Gender of baby? Jake thinks definitely girl, I think that I think it's a boy... I don't have any motherly instinct telling me what it is yet. But we find out 4 weeks from today, on May 12! :)
Labor signs? Nope!
Belly button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy! Unless I'm at work and then I have to admit no matter how hard I try, I get the grumpies.
Pregnancy symptoms this week? I've been getting headaches, they're the worst! And I still don't have as much energy as I used to. Round ligament pain. Sore back (I KNOW that's only gonna get worse!)
Looking forward to? Feeling the baby move more consistently, hearing the heartbeat and knowing that everything is okay in one week, and finding out the gender in one month! Exciting things ahead!
3 comments:
Yay for a bump!!!
So exciting! :D :D :D
That bump is adorable. Truly.
Post a Comment