Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the 411


A lot of people have been asking about Jake and I. So here's what's up. :)

Okay the confusing part- Jake's older sister Kiralee married Isaac... Whose older sister Anna married my uncle Jon. So my mom's little brother's wife's... little brother's wife's... little brother... Is Jake. I met Isaac at Jon's house over Thanksgiving break my senior year. He told me that Kiralee had three little brothers who were all my age and that one of them would be on his mission, one would be living in Utah going to school, and one, who just got back from his mission (well, in September 2009) in the West Indies of the Caribbean, would be in Idaho going to school. I guess Isaac also told Jake about me and for a while he just kinda played with us and teased us haha and then Jake and I added each other on facebook and we chatted a few times. But it was just awkward! So I came up here for college in September and it was a few days before classes started and I was stressed out because that's what I do best. So Isaac and I were chatting and I was telling him how I don't know where my classes are at all and he called Jake (without telling me and to my horror) and told him that, "a little birdie told me that there's a cute girl in Rexburg who is lost and needs help feeling welcome at BYUI." So a few minutes later Jake called and said he was on his way and would be here in 30 minutes to give me a tour of campus and help me find my classes. I panicked!! I thought it was just going to be so awkward and I think I was mad at Isaac for even calling Jake. But he showed up and walked me to each of my classes and helped me find all the important places that I should know about. He was cute, funny, easy going, and nice. Then we went to Craigo's and had dinner. Conversation totally flowed the whole night and it was not awkward at all. It was fun! That first weekend just a few days later was my birthday. Isaac also mentioned that part to Jake. So Jake asked if I wanted to go to Idaho Falls with him that coming weekend to ride horses and go swimming. Of course I was all for it! So that Saturday he picked me up and we had the best day! It was great! His mom made a yummy cake for me and we rode horses for a few hours and then swam and goofed off in the pool and talked in the hot tub. I think it was that weekend when he first held my hand too.... Cheesy, I know :) but fun to look back on! So that next week I had two or three other dates set up. One with "science guy" I still have no clue what his name is but he sat by me in science and I was too nice to say no. One with a 27 year old guy who was actually really nice and we had a fun time but it was just weeeeird. And then I cancelled the third date. I just wanted to be with Jake! So after that first full week of school and after those dates I had, Jake and I decided to make every Tuesday our date night. Cause he was off track and so he lived in Idaho Falls and worked. But every Tuesday after work he drove down here (or would Rexburg be up here from IF? Idk.) and we just found fun things to do! And every weekend after that we were together in Utah, IF, Boise, Yellowstone, Rexburg, and we just had so much fun all the time! So he just really needed to meet my family. I've met his... Ten siblings, seven sibling-in-laws, and 26 nieces and nephews and a few of his aunts and uncles. So he wanted to meet my family and I wanted my family to meet him. So he flew with me to Baton Rouge for Christmas. And I have a different post about how that went. But it was a lot of fun and it went really well. Now he is on track so we are both at BYUI and it is awesome seeing him everyday. So that's where we're at and who knows where it's gonna go but I am very happy and we are just taking it fun and slowly day by day. :)


9 comments:

Sant Family said...

Wuv, twue wuv.

Sant Family said...

Whew...Thanks for clearing that up. I've been wondering who this Jake character was.

Just kidding, haha. Jake fit right in despite us being sick and the sewer backing up. We hope he enjoyed Christmas with the Sants. He is welcome any time.

DAD

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you posted this because I've been won, won, wondering! (And your mom has been strangely tight-lipped!)

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

congratulations!!!! i love him already!!! go rach! and make sure you keep us posted on everything!!!

Kent said...

OH, forgot....Hi Jake. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Kent said...

Thanks for clearing everything up!!! It sure sounds like you and "ol whatz his name" have had a great time this past fall.

Love you (both of you)!!

See you this weekend. Drive careful.

Shelli said...

I loved reading your story! I was curious as well, but since I don't even really know you (though I really feel like I do!) I of course wasn't going to ask! :) Enjoy!!!

Reno Edweirds said...

Wowie! Wow wow! You call me and I will tell you my thoughts. I miss you girl, and am glad you are having fun with Jake. You tell him he needs to meet my approval before things progress too much. If he's doing pre-med or pre-dental then I am a fan. Have fun and date lots!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

omg i love your pic at the top! when was that taken? cute toes!