I have been so bored this summer. Of course there was the family trip to Florida. And at the end of this month we're going to NAUVOO... So excited. But every day I just do the same thing... And I have been super anti social this summer. So these things have been my hobbies after work....
1. Catching frogs.
Before moving to Louisiana, I would have NEVER touched a frog let alone catch a frog... But these were tiny and cute. And I was house sitting and bored...

The big one is Merlin and the little one is Nemo... One of his arms are broken and is super short... Hahaha Nemo!
2. Catching lizards.
Again, I would have never EVER touched a lizard 6 months ago. But, house sitting and bored, I did. Plus it's tiny.

This is Lizzy. Sari and I caught her. She's actually pink and speckled, the picture doesn't show that.
3. BRYCEN. And Merlynn.
My BFF Merlynn had a baby boy on February 28. His name is Brycen, so cute! I love and adore Brycen. He is so easy going and so happy and so fun and SO cute all of the time! He sleeps through the night, too. He never fusses unless he is super hungry. He is the perfect baby! Merlynn is one lucky girl! I also love and adore her. She has been my one true friend since i moved here. Almost every Friday since I moved here I sleep at Merlynn's house. It's always been the highlight of my week!

Mamma Merlynn and Baby Brycen : )

This is what he looks like 90% of the time. Always smiling and laughing!

He is such a big boy! Sitting up at four months! Of course, the seat helps lol.

He is so adorable.... Just look at him and you can tell he is such a sweet lil guy.

I LOVE HIM! I'm going to miss him when I go to Idaho. :(
4. My stupid expensive turtle.
This turtle was a waste of money... But it's something to take care of and it gives me something to do after work. And the kids and I all like watching her.

We all have different names for her. Missy, Turd, cutiepie, honu, stinker, etc!

At least she's cute and little!
5. Icees! Or, in LA, snowballs!
I'm completely addicted. This is my main diet! One before work. At least three after work. And one before bed!

My favorite is the huckleberry coconut flavor icee!

Turns out delicious!!
6. Mi hermana!
My sister and I have always been really close. In Washington we had separate rooms and we had the whole basement to ourselves. We got along great! Then we moved to Prairieville where we had to share a room for the first time in like 6 or 7 years. We fought all the time! We never talked anymore. We never helped each other or defended each other or worked together or goofed off or did nails, hair, or makeup together... All the sisterly things. When we moved to Baton Rouge things got a lot better. We still share a room but the only issue is that I'm a freakish neat freak and she... isn't. But we spend so much more time together. Because we want to! We've found a lot we have in common. Like TV shows that we both like. We talk all the time. We laugh all the time. We have each others backs again. We do hair, nails, and makeup together again. We watch TV shows and movies on my laptop all the time. We read together. We run together (once in a blue moon). I've missed getting along with her!

I love her!
4 comments:
AWWW! I love you too Hermana! <3
HAHAHA we are so close now that when your mouth is full of shaved ice and you cant say anything but, "hmn...mhhhnmhmnhmnh...hmnmh" we can still have a normal conversation because i totally understand what you are saying. haha i know you so well.
I love you Raerae! your 'da best!
*Sari*
PS: I'm gonna miss you sooo much when you go to college in September! Who am i suppose to laugh with!?
It is great to have a sister that is also your close friend. The one thing I have picked up is that our capacity to love grows as we add more and more people to our friends list, and I don't mean FB type friends, but those that stick with you always!!
Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks. Have a good week.
enjoy the bored moments! here in a few short years you'll have a husband and maybe even a kid or 2... then the word bored won't even be part of your vocabulary- and you'll wish it was!!!
You so make me laugh! I can't believe how you just catch frogs and lizards all smarty like! I love that you and Sari are bffs and Brycen, too. We'll have to look for huckleberry and cocnut flavors on our trip.
Post a Comment